Chicago Mayor Lori Dykefoot being sued by reporter

Dykefoot Is being sued by journalist for limiting interviews to reporters of color

5 Likes

Good. Hope the reporter wins.

5 Likes

I don’t really agree. She should be able to give interviews to whoever the fuck she wants to. Just like a cake store should be able to serve/not serve whoever the fuck they want too. If she wants to be a petty cunt and the people that vote for her are OK with it, so let it be, imho.

I mean. Lori new policy towards interviews are nothing short of racist.

No, a public representative isn’t a private business.

11 Likes

Public office is not a cake store.

She is a fucking loon and that should be exposed.

Her hand picked interviews wont do so.

3 Likes

The obvious difference is that one is a private business and the other is a public servant. She’s not the mayor of black people, she’s the mayor of Chicago, white people included.

8 Likes

Exactly, so if the people that put her there have an issue with it, they have the power to remove her.

Tyranny of the majority isn’t a feature of democracy, it’s a bug that needs to be aggressively mitigated. Just because you didn’t vote for a representative doesn’t mean they don’t have to serve you. She’s the mayor of Chicago, not the mayor Chicago black people. It’s her duty as a public servant to treat her constituents equally and fairly regardless of skin colour. It’s mind blowing that stuff like this has to even be typed.

4 Likes

She’s an elected official, not a small business owner.

1 Like

Sec. 202. All persons shall be entitled to be free, at any establishment or place, from discrimination or segregation of any kind on the ground of race, color, religion, or national origin, if such discrimination or segregation is or purports to be required by any law, statute, ordinance, regulation, rule, or order of a State or any agency or political subdivision thereof.

Pretty sure that says it all.

2 Likes

Trump only went on Fox and gave interviews to white people. Do you think he should have been forced to go on BET and be interviewed by that Charalman dude?

Are you legit retarded?

2 Likes

This is the hill youre gonna die on?

1 Like

Are you also good with “Whites Only” stores that do not allow minorities?

None of that is true. Trump did press briefings often with black, Hispanic and Asian reporters, and interviews with NBC and CNN. He also didn’t have an explicit policy of racism in his interactions with journalists.

4 Likes

For me personally, I think it is morally wrong to discriminate against anyone based on their gender, sexuality or race and I wouldn’t support a business that does it.

As a private business owner I say let the market dictate the success (or lack there of) of any business that makes that kind of decision.

But but but Trump is racist!!

Oh you and your facts

Yeah I probably shouldn’t have used Trump as an example since he is so polarizing. And I like and supported the dude. Thought he did a good job despite his personality flaws.

I just mean in general I don’t think any politician should be legally forced to have an interview with whoever deems themselves worthy of conducting said interview. Imagine if Chris Cumhoe decided he wanted to sue President Trump and force him to come on his show and interview him. Just doesn’t make sense to me, IMHO.