Chicken Recipies - Any Ideas?

Has anyone got any good ideas for cooking chicken?

Baz

Here's a simple one:

Buy a big package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts. In a glass or plastic bowl, mix some soy sauce (maybe 1/4-1/2 cup depending on how many chicken breasts you have), a glove of fresh garlic, minced, or a little powdered garlic, and if you want, some oriental sesame oil. Mix the chicken breasts around in the marinade so they're well coated, cover and refrigerate for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more. Put the chicken in a baking dish, pour the marinade over it, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes, depending on how efficient your oven is. I find this to be tasty hot or cold, works well with some rice or in salads, sandwiches, etc.

For an even easier version of the same idea, use your favorite Italian dressing as the marinade and bake as above.

My wife grills it on a George Foreman grill and it is
great. My other favorite is the BBQ Chicken Sndwich at
Carl's Jr.

Grandpab

katsujinken, do you wait 'til the breasts are thawed before doing your recipe?

boneless chicken breast,
wishbone hearty italian dressing,
oregino,
basil,
1 green pepper,
1 scallion,
1 red pepper.
thing of linguini noodles

Take the chicken breast, cut it into small pieces... put it in a bowl. Dump the italian dressing it, coating it like a marinate, (cover the chicken complelty) put a pinch of basil, oregino on that... mix it together. Put tinfoil on it. Place it in the refrigerator right before work or something, 6-8 hours later cut up the peppers, scallion and set it to the side. Put the chicken marinate and all in a large saucepan. Put the heat to medium. put the veggies in the saucepan, stir it up. if you want put some butter in thier too, but that just adds fat. Start boiling the noodles. Cook for like a half hour or so.. till the chicken is done. Poor that over the cooked noodles. Good shit.

Look in your spice cabinet, mix whatever spices you want with some flour, salt, and pepper, and bake, grill, or fry. Experiment with different spices.

Look in your cabinet and try the same thing. Look for different marinades by using different salad dressings.

Tonight I saw a can of pineapple and fried up the chicken and threw some pineapple in the pan, cooked it down and put in on the chicken.

Last night I rolled the chicken in flour, salt, pepper, some cabinet spices, and egg/milk batter, and sprinkled toasted coconut on it. Made some home made mash potatoes and put some of the pineapple in the mash potatoes.

The key is to experiment.

look in the freezer section of your market and find the bags of stir fry mix. Those have all the veggies and seasonings you need so just add chicken. Make two or three packages worth and then put them in daily meal size plastic containers. Also they have new flavored chicked breats precooked and season just ready to mircrowave. These are great to chop up and add to the stir fry mentioned above. Or you can just the seasoned breasts alone or mix them in with lipton instant pasta packets. This is all super easy and takes at most 30 minutes. And when you're done you have real food plus left overs.

Good stuff.

Baz