CHILDREN INJURED IN BOXING MATCH - News

BOXING MATCH AT SCHOOL RESULTS IN SERIOUS INJURY

(Reuters) – Parents are protesting at a high school in West Virginia over the recent injuries sustained by two students participating in a boxing match.

“It was disgusting! Apparently they decided to have this boxing match because of a disagreement over a girl and because of this we now have two injured students that are suspended. If it weren’t for the odious presence of boxing on the television and in their lives this wouldn’t have happened!” said an angry parent.

The protest started at the school with approximately 85 parents calling for a ban on boxing because of the influence it has on children. It then gained momentum as parents from other surrounding schools realized that a significant number of their children were all engaging in unlicensed boxing matches. Several hundred people were seen holding placards outside of city hall calling for the ban on boxing to ensure their children would stop fighting.

“If it weren’t for the influence of that Mayweather character and barbaric fighters like him people wouldn’t get silly ideas about violence. We need to remove the influence of boxing to ensure our children don’t develop into thug like characters”.

Boxing promoters were quick to point out that what the children were engaged in had nothing to do with their sport. The cited that there is a sporting governing body with strict rules on safety and fighter participation, that both individuals are compensated for their efforts and that essentially this is something people have been doing for a long time before boxing existed.

“Seriously this is ridiculous... kids fight... some people can be stupid... just because they’re using their fists it doesn’t make it boxing!” Lamented one promoter.

If you want the whole article you can find it here:

www.cnn.com/worldnews/unitedstates/22543/peoplecanbestupid/noteverythingyouseewithgrapplingismma/noteverythingwithfistsisboxing/accountabilityhowdoesitwork?

dam parents seem to get dumber each generation, sad sad, its no wonder kids these days are growing up to be like pussies

This can't be real? Phone Post

When I was 9 we strung ropes in my buddies garage and would use his fathers old assed boxing gloves to box each other. Seriously, who hasn't done this at one point or another. Seems like it is just boys being boys.

Used to box a 16 year old when I was 8 or 9, I lost. Good times though.

lawrenceofidaho - 
DaHomewilder - I'm pretty sure half of those parents are Christian.

I'd wager that it's more than 90%.

The biggest busy-bodies are usually Christian.

Don't know about their religion but I would also wager they are big time liberals. Liberal parents are always the ones to complain about shit like this. They seem to live their lives on the edge of their seats waiting and hoping to find something that offends them that they can either ban or just bitch about.

and if the two kids would have stabbed each other they would of asked why they didnt just box

Is it considered a successful spin if most people assume it's a real story?

Read the URL of the "link" to the rest of the story.

:)

lawrenceofidaho -

Yeah they're christian.

Buddhists would just teach their kids how to meditate.

Hindus would teach their kids all their gods

Muslims would teach their kids how to be chemists.

Christians would just teach their kids to hate anything that doesn't agree with them. So yeah. christian. Phone Post

ttt Phone Post

TheMeatyLegend - 
lawrenceofidaho - 

Don't know about their religion but I would also wager they are big time liberals. Liberal parents are always the ones to complain about shit like this. They seem to live their lives on the edge of their seats waiting and hoping to find something that offends them that they can either ban or just bitch about.

welcome to canada, especially british columbia its pathetic, remember vancouver, people were saying the ufc will bring thugs to the city? yet month later they have a riot with their own idiots lol oh man its a joke here

robert bentley - Is it considered a successful spin if most people assume it's a real story?

Read the URL of the "link" to the rest of the story.

:)

Interesting, even though you've outed yourself, people are still discussing it like it's real.