Childrens' schoolwork?

Yo OG parents,

What do you do with all of your kids' schoolwork (paperwork, tests, etc)?

I've felt guilty throwing things away...I'll keep tests on the fridge but fuuuuuuu all the paperwork that is brought home can't be a hoarder and shit.

Am I the only one who feels bad if they throw anything away? Phone Post 3.0

Dont feel bad, we all do it. All the fucking giant crafts they bring home with glitter and glue all over get glanced at for ten seconds then into the trash. We have a tote for each kid and keep their really cool shit theyve made. Cause who wont want that when theyre twenty? Phone Post 3.0

I don't feel bad and throw the majority of it away. Granted out oldest is in 2nd grade and everything returned so far is just worksheets with a star from the teacher, so many damn worksheets.

I'll keep holiday things and important awards, the rest gets tossed. Phone Post 3.0

I bought one of those underbed storage containers and we put it all in there. Phone Post 3.0

Can't keep them all but they will grow up and leave one day so why not make a little memory box for them and occasionally add to it? ? Phone Post 3.0

I hang them up until the next batch comes and then give them to her to hang in her room, she eventually destroys them and throws them out. Phone Post 3.0

We use a 3-ring binder with plastic sheet protectors for stuff the kids really like. Lots of artwork gets photographed and archived. Most everything goes in the trash ASAP though. Phone Post 3.0

We try and save some of the big projects but most everything gets thrown in the trash. We still have my son's STAAR results on the fridge from last year because he made a 100 on the reading. Phone Post 3.0

WAY too much shit to keep. If you kept it all, you'd never look at it ever again.

Unless it's something unusually special, it goes in the trash. Special stuff gets hung up for awhile, and then we decide whether to trash it or keep it.

I don't keep everything but I keep some. I have kind of some rules.

1. If it doesn't fit in a large box I take a pic of it and toss it.

2. If it's standard size paper it has a better chance of being saved than something that is like an oversized piece of cardboard.

3. If it is homework that is artistic or has a drawing on it there's a good chance I'll save it.

4. If it's a piece of paper related to a significant event like a trip to the observatory. I'll save it.

5. If it's a fun or funny project I'll save it.

6. If it has glitter or macaroni or beans glued to it, it goes in the trash

I usually save way too much after every school year so each year I go through the shit I saved and throw half of it away. I don't think too much about it. Just save the cool shit and toss the rest. Phone Post 3.0

Normal stuff goes right in the trash after reading. Special things get hung up for a while.

I cleaned out my mom's house after she died. I found every thing me and my brother did as grade school kids. This is the reason, I shit can all of my sons school work. Phone Post 3.0

Be selective. View it like a roll of camera film you get developed. There are 24 photos, but about 18 are terrible, out of focus, unclear, etc. Keep the 4 or 5 per year that standout for your child. Try to focus on achievements are creative pieces, not worksheets, etc.

have a tote for each child and at the end of the year we go through it. save the awesome stuff and the rest goes. after grade 3 the amount to go through has gone way down.

Never_rolled - I have one son single dad 90% of the time he is with me that shit gets tossed. He has no use for it. Jr. Honors student too. Phone Post 3.0
It's really not for you.

What I mean is, my mom saved some of my schoolwork for me and I was super grateful for that.

Don't throw it away because you have no use for it. Save a couple things because he will thank you for the walk down memory lane when he's 27. Don't be a dick about it. Phone Post 3.0

GhettoDestro - Normal stuff goes right in the trash after reading. Special things get hung up for a while.

I cleaned out my mom's house after she died. I found every thing me and my brother did as grade school kids. This is the reason, I shit can all of my sons school work. Phone Post 3.0
God you are a fucking dick

So because you are a psychopath piece of shit with no connection or care about your childhood memories you are going to fuck your kids in the ass with their own memories?

Your mom saved that shit for u because she thought you would get a kick out of it. She didn't know her son would grow up to be a non-feeling American Psycho worthless fuckstain Phone Post 3.0

Bunch of fuckin dickheads in this thread.

Go ahead and throw away everything. I hope a fucking intelligent rat finds its way to your asshole and burrows a hole in your colon. Phone Post 3.0