Chill the Fk out

its amazing how hard most of you bash the sport your claim to love.

no this is not the well established and ever polishing UFC, but NONE of Zuffa's first several shows were any good by this standard

If you love mma, and you love the fighters... start showing SOME sort of respect and allow for more than one limited promotion.

Yes it was a pipe dream to try to fill this place, but not even the UFC would fill it.

Yes they are scratching around and yes they should have been more on top of this to ensure a great production.... but give them a chance

"Yes it was a pipe dream to try to fill this place, but not even the UFC would fill it. "

But the UFC knows better not to hold an event there. That's the diff.

Who's bashing the sport? We're trying to wring what little enjoyment we can out of an abysmal show.

its amazing how hard most of you bash the sport your claim to love.

Noone is bashing the sport. They're bashing this godawful production.

no this is not the well established and ever polishing UFC, but NONE of Zuffa's first several shows were any good by this standard

No, but they did manage to squeeze in more than one fucking minute of fighting in the first hour of their PPVs.

Yes it was a pipe dream to try to fill this place, but not even the UFC would fill it.

And they were supposed to be surprised by this? Everybody knew there would be 80,000 empty seats there.

Yes they are scratching around and yes they should have been more on top of this to ensure a great production.... but give them a chance

I gave them a chance when I gave them my $35. The production sucks ass. It's a clusterfuck circus.

Bas is that you?

Great show so far.

"No one deserves "a chance" when they are taking my hard earned money. Fuck 'em. If they want a chance, they can give it away for free. Otherwise, fuck 'em."

No one is taking anything... if your money was "hard earned" and you feel robbed you should have made a better financial decision than to buy this knowing what the card was, knowing several fighters werent going to make the card, and knowing that no MMA even was going to fill this place.

whine somewhere else

you should have made a better financial decision than to buy this knowing what the card was

So we shouldn't have bought this PPV?

I thought you were the one saying we should give them a chance? We gave them a chance when we bought the PPV.

No, i am saying if you bought this ppv, and expected a top shelf "production" and that is all you can see... then yes... you should have kept your money.

I am enjoying the show, why? because i am watching the fights...

the prodution is just time to get more drinks, or hit the RR

This is just the opposite of boxing....

boxing now days = great production, sub part fights
this show = sub par production but above average fights

-- now that the first three are out of the way =)

i am just wanting to see more promtions make it and push zuffa for fighters someday so they have more of a choice as to where they fight and how much they get paid.

you have to admit, its getting better as the night goes on (as long as you tune out Bill G.)

No, i am saying if you bought this ppv, and expected a top shelf "production" and that is all you can see... then yes... you should have kept your money.

So we shouldn't have given them a chance...

the prodution is just time to get more drinks, or hit the RR

In the first hour of the show, you had 59 minutes and 22 seconds to get more drinks and hit the RR.

That is unacceptable. That's why you've got people complaining.

show started out as a joke but the event is legit now. Looks very professional at night.

Manhoef/Yoon was an awesome fight!

"I guess you'd have a point if this was one of their first tries but of course a retard like yourself fails to mention they've been around for 5+ years. "

Thank you for putting me in my place.... i mean after all... producing for japanese is the exact same thing as producing for American ppv

"So we shouldn't have given them a chance... "

If you did not expect what your now seeing, correct.

This is exactly what i expected to see in production, and with Warpath and a first time fighter from the NFL ... uhm ... yeah i hope you expected fireworks from them!!

If you did not expect what your now seeing, correct.

I was not expecting an hour of torch lighting ceremonies, DJs, conga dancing, jump stilts, and 20 minute walks to the ring, drum productions, etc. I probably shouldn't have given them a chance, and I'm just informing other fans that they may not want to give them a chance in the future.

"I was not expecting an hour of torch lighting ceremonies, DJs, conga dancing, jump stilts, and 20 minute walks to the ring, drum productions, etc. I probably shouldn't have given them a chance, and I'm just informing other fans that they may not want to give them a chance in the future. "

yeah, if thats all they are going to care about, the sport doesnt need them.

"The sport doesn't need people who are more interested in the fights than in the circus show? "

exactly what in the OP response makes you think that he is speaking to them about the fights?

"I was not expecting an hour of torch lighting ceremonies, DJs, conga dancing, jump stilts, and 20 minute walks to the ring, drum productions, etc. I probably shouldn't have given them a chance, and I'm just informing other fans that they may not want to give them a chance in the future. "

not a word about the fights in that

not a word about the fights in that

Because there was only 38 seconds worth of fighting in that first hour of production I described.

again, id rather see bad production and good fights than great boxing production and bad fights

again, id rather see bad production and good fights than great boxing production and bad fights

1) I say skip the bad production and show fights.

2) Manhoef/Yoon was the only good fight so far. Akcah had a nice knockout. I was expecting more for my $35

BLAF---actually that would have been great. Loved the show except for DJ. Didn't like the torch thing because I felt bad for Hong Man Choi, apparently a victim of corruption. Liked the fights, loved the drums, and the rest of the show.