Chimaev vs Maia could be happening

UFC isn't protecting this guy. They want to see right away how good his ground game is and if he really is the next khabib.

What a stupid fight

SandBlaster - 
wiggum -
SandBlaster - 

Chimaev doesn’t even need to grapple with Maia he KO’s Maia on the feet easily 

Like Anderson, Woodley, and Masvidal all did?

Like Gilbert burns just did. Maia is pretty much 43 years old now, he fought Anderson 10 years ago. Masvidal can’t grapple and Woodleys been destroyed twice in a row and boring as hell other than the till win. Either way chimaev wrecks 43 year old Damian. 

My point is that Maia is not easy to get KOd. He has been KOd before, but it’s not like he doesn’t need to strike. Unlike every person Chimaev has ever fought, he won’t give a fuck about being taken down.

Maybe he gets KOd. But, let’s not act like KOing Maia is an easy task.

ons ear - 
wiggum - 
ons ear -  I don't like this fight.. There's a chance Maia submits Chimaev and there goes the hype.. They should give Chimaev a guy like Mike Perry .a very beatable but fun matchup that does build up Chimaev quite a bit if he wins

I disagree.

Much like happened to Ben Askren, you can get subbed by Maia and the takeaway is, “Maia subbed him, but that tells you next to nothing about whether anyone else at WW can sub him.”

It’s still a loss though which takes away from Chinaevs aura a bit. We all want some seemingly unbeatable prospect coming up the ranks smashing guys. A loss to an almost retired bjj guy just won’t look good Imo

My thinking is that a win catapaults him. A loss sends him back to climb the ladder. I hear you. But, I think it’s worth it.

Holy shit this dude is booking fights 2 at a time!

gokudamus -

What a stupid fight

What fight would you book instead?

wiggum -
SandBlaster - 

Like Anderson, Woodley, and Masvidal all did?

https://twitter.com/Brandon_Nocaute/status/1307494358187479041

Dana said Chimaev wants to fight sooner than Maia would be ready so he is going to need another fight before Maia.

Lets see who steps up.

Luque, Nelson, Muhammad, Cowboy Oliveira, etc… are WW vets that could work.

I don't want to see Maia sacrificed to Chimaev because he is 43 but I also don't want to see Chimaev get subbed by the GOAT BJJ fighter at WW if Maia was able to get his back or catch him somehow.

Maia can still finish anyone if things go his way and he can impose his game.

Keep these guys alway from each other so neither has to lose their next fight IMO.

Maia vs Lawler and Chimaev vs Pereira next would be better options.

Chimaev vs Pereira is the fight to make for sure. Let's see if Chimaev is able to defend the honor of his bro and Pereira is able to slap this one as easily