China Just Dropped a Brick in Its Pants. . .

Evidently the US Air Force developed, built, and tested a completely new fighter in the span of *a year* in total secrecy. We don’t know what it looks like, its designation, it’s overall capabilities, etc., but if true, China literally just did a boom-boom in its pants. 

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/aviation/a34030586/air-force-secret-new-fighter-jet/

4 Likes

Given the past, they will likely steal all the designs and tech info and build a replica in a few years.  Pretty much all of their high tech is stolen IP.

10 Likes

CCP’s very bloody end is near.

5 Likes

MAGA!

4 Likes

we're still doing the manned fighter jet thing? seems like drones would be far superior but I know very little about aerospace engineering.

clattymine where are you?

gregbrady -

we're still doing the manned fighter jet thing? seems like drones would be far superior but I know very little about aerospace engineering.

We’re still a long way off from totally autonomous warfare. There are just too many small variables that can’t be relayed through a data link that could affect the outcome. 

oranos -

Keep your stupidity to yourself and off my thread, please. 

2 Likes
pfsjkd -
oranos -

Keep your stupidity to yourself and off my thread, please. 

Okay relax your frontal cortex. You’re going to get a migraine.

3 Likes

In

pfsjkd -
gregbrady -

We’re still a long way off from totally autonomous warfare. There are just too many small variables that can’t be relayed through a data link that could affect the outcome. 

ok

prone to hacking too Id imagine

1 year to design and build? Does the Airforce have it’s own AI? 

SpunQ -
BJTT_Pella -

1 year to design and build? Does the Airforce have it’s own AI? 

Maybe its an older black project.

This. 

dhughes -

Given the past, they will likely steal all the designs and tech info and build a replica in a few years.  Pretty much all of their high tech is stolen IP.

And yet no one does a thing about it.  Weird.

pfsjkd -
gregbrady -

And sometimes you want to cease transmitting in order to avoid detection.

I don't remember where I read it or saw it, but I think it was about the stealth bomber. They would take it outside at a base, but they would time it and take it back inside when they knew the spy satellite was over them taking pictures. China (maybe Russia) still figured out the shape of the craft because the plane would cast a shadow when it was out there and they could still see the shape of the shadow from the heat signature on the ground.

dhughes - 

or if some politicians get their way “Oh, here check this out China”.

2 Likes

The airforce doesn’t build fighters

2 Likes

If they used any chinese engineers…china already has the design specs.

2 Likes

Why the fuck would they tell everyone about it??

CuddleBug -

I don't remember where I read it or saw it, but I think it was about the stealth bomber. They would take it outside at a base, but they would time it and take it back inside when they knew the spy satellite was over them taking pictures. China (maybe Russia) still figured out the shape of the craft because the plane would cast a shadow when it was out there and they could still see the shape of the shadow from the heat signature on the