China threat to USA:No medicine!

![](upload://yoVOfTfuakyeFTeRTgtlusiGrie.png)

2 Likes

![](upload://5gLvh8rMDxLPd3Gbfvvl2uxWKp7.png)

![](upload://1UNrDZe3JHTku8m11II788FdMc2.png)

![](upload://517gMYaWhGlZMe3Cz3eQjFsItjB.png)

![](upload://83i9NwKAtJKopdgtCZzTaXTwtDx.png)

This entire situation with the coronavirus has to be a wake up call for the US, and the world to be less reliant on China. Cut them off as a global supply chain player.  They will not relent until they position themselves as the number 1 superpower. These are t veiled threats, at this point China has nothing to lose. Their economy was already on the brink of collapse, now having been shut down for over a month, they are  desperate.

Cut trade and send them back to the blonze age

12 Likes

Should have waited for Biden to be president before saying that

Now you will pay

5 Likes

We should cut off their electricity....oh, wait.

Jack Carter -

Now you will pay

Trump will just blame Obama on this as well :-)

2 Likes

So, was this there endgame all along as a response to the trade war?

1 Like
Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Jack Carter -

Now you will pay

Rightfully so. Trump is the only president willing to tackle China. 

6 Likes
Poipoiu_corona’d_my_anus - 

This entire situation with the coronavirus has to be a wake up call for the US, and the world to be less reliant on China. Cut them off as a global supply chain player.  They will not relent until they position themselves as the number 1 superpower. These are t veiled threats, at this point China has nothing to lose. Their economy was already on the brink of collapse, now having been shut down for over a month, they are  desperate.

I agree to an extent - meaning this needs to be a wake up call for the US and we need to stop relying on China so much.

However, I gotta think this is just public posturing from the Chinese government to their own people.

With Trump still in office, they’re bound to know this is the kinda shit a war will start over.

Wiggy -

I agree to an extent - meaning this needs to be a wake up call for the US and we need to stop relying on China so much.

However, I gotta think this is just public posturing from the Chinese government to their own people.

With Trump still in office, they’re bound to know this is the kinda shit a war will start over.

Or incentivize a mass movement of manufacturers out of china.   They are cutting their own throats with these threats.

Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -
Jack Carter -

Now you will pay

You're such a clown. It's not JUST Obama's fault. It's every president before him too.

Hopefully Trump can get something done about it in his 2nd term.

6 Likes

One of the long-term benefits from this is everyone is realizing how ridiculous it is that so much of our critical Supply chains are based in communist China.

If you want to make Tupperware in China, go for it. But medical devices, medical supplies, and even over the counter medications should not be reliant on Chinese Supply chains

3 Likes

Holy fuck that's genius. Maybe they did release it on purpose! I have said for years that the air packets in Amazon packages are the perfect way to introduce a pathogen aimed at weakening a population. You could do it slowly with something like lead, but coronavirus works too.

Horus2001 -
Wiggy -

Or incentivize a mass movement of manufacturers out of china.   They are cutting their own throats with these threats.

China is just talking. They are a broke weed dealer with a back pack full of weed trying to threaten to stop selling to their biggest customer. We don’t believe you. Bring ice cream when you come over with that weed, Raul. 

1 Like

![](upload://oYW34Wwmj8xQteWy3hlTSXQs8lY.jpeg)

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/china-rx-rosemary-gibson/1126839672?ean=9781633883819

1 Like

Experts Warn Lawmakers of Overreliance on Chinese Medical Supplies and Drugs

By TOBIAS HOONHOUT

•  
  •  

March 12, 2020 3:50 PM

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Panelists warned Senator Josh Hawley (R., Mo.) during a Senate hearing on “The Coronavirus and America’s Small Business Supply Chain” that the U.S. pharmaceutical industry has “thousands” of drugs that are sourced in China.

“I think it’s been clear for a while now that we are far too reliant on China for our domestic production, especially for essential products that we rely on, and of course our medical supply chain is at the very top of that list,” Hawley, who introduced legislation last month to reduce supply-chain reliance on China for the manufacture of certain prescription drugs and other medical supplies, opened.

He then asked Hastings Center senior adviser Rosemary Gibson about the extent of American drugs’ reliance on Chinese production.

“Thousands. Thousands of our generic drugs and even some of the brand name products and perhaps even new therapies for coronavirus may depend on the chemicals that are sourced primarily in China,” she replied. Gibson also said she spoke to “men and women in pharmaceutical engineering and pharmaceutical chemistry,” who told her that “90 percent of the chemicals” used for generic America drugs come from China.

Tim Morrison, Senior Fellow at the Hudson Institute, added that the U.S.’s end to domestic penicillin production in 2004 stemmed from a decision “essentially to destroy the free market and create incentives to offshore production in China.”

“Originally this seemed like a good thing. We’ll save prices. We’ll move value, or value you can move, we’ll continue to do the innovation, but China is scooping that up as well,” Morrison said. “And so, without any decision by any government authority this happened and now we are going to deal with the consequences. And of course, an antibiotic isn’t instrumental to treat a virus, but the respiratory infection, it is.”

Chinese state-media organ Global Times cited an analyst Wednesday who warned that Beijing could ban the export of face masks and other medical gear to the U.S. over the Trump administration’s hawkish stance on Chinese telecom giant Huawei.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/experts-warn-lawmakers-over-reliance-chinese-medical-supplies-drugs/

Seems like the right time to stop buying cheap medicine from China.