Chinese Virus fatality rate .1? New study

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/04/13/study-coronavirus-fatality-rate-lower-than-expected-close-to-flus-0-1/

Silverman and Washburne found that the coronavirus mortality rate could be as low as 0.1 percent, “similar to that of flu.”

The Economist further explained:

COVID-19 takes 20-25 days to kill victims. The [Silverman and Washburne] paper reckons that 7m Americans were infected from March 8th to 14th, and official data show 7,000 deaths three weeks later. The resulting fatality rate is 0.1%, similar to that of flu. That is amazingly low, just a tenth of some other estimates. Perhaps it is just wrong, possibly because the death toll has been under-reported. Perhaps, though, New York’s hospitals are overflowing because the virus is so contagious that it has crammed the equivalent of a year’s worth of flu cases into one week.

1 Like

That number is more correct than the 3 percent plus being bandied about. 

Yes as suspected all along.

Team apocalypse is going to have a meltdown

I wish all the dead people knew this. 2.9% of those lazy fuckers better get their ass up and get back to work

misplaced attack on the source in 3,2,1...

kungfugrip -

I wish all the dead people knew this. 2.9% of those lazy fuckers better get their ass up and get back to work

They are, the dnc already registered them as democrats!

1 Like

Slap Johnson -
kungfugrip -

They are, the dnc already registered them as democrats!

No I believe this is incorrect, although we would have to look deeper into this. I am far too lazy to spend time reading the article, but I can already guess they are using different criteria for the flu vs COVID. The are likely extrapolating the COVID deaths to all extrapolated possible cases, including undiagnosed cases (even though it is too soon to accurately extrapolate). Then they are likely comparing to the fatality rates to diagnosed flu cases (even though the majority of flu cases are undiagnosed since most pt's do not get sick enough to warrant going to the DR). But what do I know I did not read the article since the numbers and conclusion seems like such crap, it isn't worth the time.

Howbdonyou get a 00 joim date?