chlororquine, dosage

• Yao et al. found that the hydroxychloroquine was much more potent than chloroquine at inhibition of COVID-19 in cell lines (EC50 of 0.7 uM vs. 5 uM, respectively).  They recommended a regimen of 400 mg BID for the first day followed by 200 mg BID for the following four days.

https://emcrit.org/ibcc/covid19/#oseltamavir_&_other_neuraminidase_inhibitors

great site for all things chinese virus. 

dosing
  • Hydroxychloroquine (Monograph from MedScape)
  • Chloroquine (Monograph from MedScape)
    • Generally considered a second-line agent, due to increased toxicity compared to hydroxychloroquine.
    • 500 mg chloroquine phosphate contains 300 mg of chlorquine itself (a.k.a. chloroquine base).
    • 500 mg chloroquine phosphate PO twice daily for 10 days is the regimen recommended by a group in China for patients without contraindications (Zhi 2020).
    • May require dose adjustment in renal or hepatic dysfunction.

https://emcrit.org/ibcc/covid19/#oseltamavir_&_other_neuraminidase_inhibitors

Thank you

Does anyone know what the implications of finding a safe and efficacious treatment are? Do we start going about everyday lives? I read most of these people are recovering in 6 days. How much are hospital stays shortened by? Can we avoid hospital stays with this drug?

A macro sense rundown of implications of a super effective treatment (whether that turn out to be chloroquine or remdesavir or something else) would be appreciated.

I thought that stuff was only after you caught it not fit prevention

2 Likes
Barbasol -

I thought that stuff was only after you caught it not fit prevention

a couple people on fox news who know about chloroquine say it works as a prophlylatic too (preventative)

Including one of the authors of the most recent trials in france who was on tucker and ingraham.

If what the study says is true, then this is game set match if they can ramp production.

Give it as a prophylactic to the old and vunerable and that fixes the hospital being overwhelmed scenario.

Combine that with people not having to goto ICU because there is an effective treatment and shorter hospital stays overall and this crisis is over.

eventually there will be a vaccine.

spread the word.

in

What are the sides?

safe for toddlers?

where to buy?

I guess you can buy a similar product for fish tanks but the price is jacked up and it's not intended for human consption.

Who makes it so I know what stocks to buy?

Darth Potato -

What are the sides?

safe for toddlers?

where to buy?

Of course it's not safe for toddlers you imbecile 

The Maestro -
Darth Potato -

What are the sides?

safe for toddlers?

where to buy?

Of course it's not safe for toddlers you imbecile 

lol

toddlers are in very little danger from this

giving them this med is more dangerous than letting it run its course in them

this is possible treatment for adults

Darth Potato -

Who makes it so I know what stocks to buy?

No patent. It's an old drug. Anyone can make it and it should be cheap to produce a shit load. 

Strangleu - 
MarsMan -

"I read most of these people are recovering in 6 days. "

70% according to the French study, 100% when also prescribed azythromycin (several caveats, however). 

fyi my pharmacsit said a zpac and HQC can cause heart arrythmias and not to tkae it togehter.

dont know where the disconnect is. I will research.

that is correct

risk vs reward is weighed all of the time in medicine

we can treat heart arythmias better than respiratory failure generally.

I thought this drug was like toxic to people, especially at the dosages used for Covid-19

I'd rather gamble that my immune system can beat it naturally before I took a chance with random maleria drugs. Ask only early OIF soldiers about the good ol days of Mefloquine. The drug not only wasn't for the right strain but it's side effects include: horrifyingly realistic nightmares, feeling like shit, oh and brain damage.

You guys do what you feel is necessary for you and yours. But I am going to be that guy that says you are fucking with stuff you really know nothing about. Your getting it "from a guy on the net". Yeah maybe the last couple times he got what was ordered. There also wasn't a crisis worldwide. What stops this "seller" from putting saline in a bottle or give you primaquine instead? Did you know some of this stuff has side effects depending on your race?

An overdose of the real stuff can easily kill you if you have undiagnosed heart issue. It can send you into seizures and probably some other awful shit I don't care to look up. 

Please be careful.

Please remember. Choroquine is a drug in ABUNDANCE. There is no need to hoarde it or even get it yourself. Every hospital probably has a huge surplus because of Malria scares from Mosquitos of yester years. If that is actually saving people and you end up in the hospital the chance is you will get some. 

1 Like

According to Trump’s tv briefing today, the government ordered a ton of it. They want to do trials in the really sock people. He had the attitude of you’ve got nothing to lose. The egg-head super-smart dude was being super scientist but saying yeah let’s not get excited, let’s see the data first. Anyway, it’s coming some and planning trials in the sick. Be nice of this stuff works.

emu67 - 

According to Trump’s tv briefing today, the government ordered a ton of it. They want to do trials in the really sock people. He had the attitude of you’ve got nothing to lose. The egg-head super-smart dude was being super scientist but saying yeah let’s not get excited, let’s see the data first. Anyway, it’s coming some and planning trials in the sick. Be nice of this stuff works.

It's all anecdotal until proper tests are done. Chloraquine does help inhibit Influenza A I believe. So I guess that's where the thought process is.