“Choke”: Rickson Gracie documentary

https://youtu.be/EAWyPXegAQI

"Flow weet da go..."

Choke is a cool documentary, but the competition that Rickson faced in this tournament was overall kind of lame.

theshooter - Choke is a cool documentary, but the competition that Rickson faced in this tournament was overall kind of lame.

1 Like

Just finally watched it a couple weeks ago. He did all the right things health wise and seemed like a really cool guy to be around. 

I was disappointed that the big corn fed guy left the tournament with a shoulder injury. He was quite a badass as well. 

The Rockson footage is haunting.

SickEye -

Just finally watched it a couple weeks ago. He did all the right things health wise and seemed like a really cool guy to be around. 

I was disappointed that the big corn fed guy left the tournament with a shoulder injury. He was quite a badass as well. 

He went on to win a silver medal in the winter olympics IIRC. 

1 Like

best mma documentary ive seen ..Renzos Legacy very good too

Kirik -

The Rockson footage is haunting.

RIP

1 Like
JOB -
SickEye -

His coach in the doco posted on the UG back in the day.

The competition was rather lame even by 1995 standards.

Yuki Fkn Nakai. “Riiiiiiicksonnnnnn, I’m coming for youuuuuuu”.

1 Like
theshooter - The competition was rather lame even by 1995 standards.

Lets see you beat Hays, Nakai or Gordeau then buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddy.

“Lets see you beat Hays, Nakai or Gordeau then buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuddy.”

I am not claiming to be a great MMA fighter.

This tournament had no Ken Shamrock or Bas Rutten or Masakatsu Funaki or Dan Severn or Oleg Taktarov or Marco Ruas or Volk Han or Igor Vovchanchyn. These are just a few high quality fighters who were around back then who could have been in that tournament but were not.

2 Likes
FingerorMoon -
JOB -
SickEye -

His coach in the doco posted on the UG back in the day.

Are you talking about Dale Cook or his bobsledding coach. Dale runs a successful promotion in Oklahoma and along with a lot of UGers, I’ve spent a lot of time with him. I make sure to make fun of his “grapevining” shouts in the documentary.

By the way, Mario Sperry: Zen Warrior is also an amazing documentary.