Choke/SmashingM..dvd extras?

I was thinking about getting these dvds. I was wondering if there is bonus extras on these.

I taped Smashing Machine off of HBO.

I got Choke on vhs. I was thinking about giving it away.

What do you get with the dvd versions?

I don't recall Choke having any. Smashing machine has deleted scenes and a kick ass documentary on Renzo Gracie.

The deleted scenes are outstanding.

Among them, you'll see Ricco Rodriguez sparring and getting knocked senseless by Bas Rutten, a Mark Kerr press conference after the Inoue fight, Rutten talking about Jean Claude Van Damme, and a ROdriguez KOTC fight.

Extra scenes from the Renzo doc thats included on the Smashing Machine DVD include a RIcardo Almeida fight, Renzo vs. Oleg Taktarov, and a hilarious scene of Renzo sparring with his kids.

Best $20 you can spend in MMA, IMO

TH

Both are good documentaries but the EXTRAS on Smashing Machine are way better - especially the scene where Bas decides to administer a little punishment on Ricco.

Cool stuff. I think Im just gunna keep my choke tape, unless I can find it for dirt cheap.

i know there is extra footage of choke out there that i have seen before....a friend of mine had it when he bought alot of rickson gracie footage online years back.

There is a Japanese Rickson Gracie documentary that pops up on Ebay on occassion.

TH

"Extra scenes from the Renzo doc thats included on the Smashing Machine DVD include a RIcardo Almeida fight, Renzo vs. Oleg Taktarov, and a hilarious scene of Renzo sparring with his kids."

I didn't see any of that on the Renzo documentary.

???

"especially the scene where Bas decides to administer a little punishment on Ricco."

That was fantastic. There's a short on Ricco's prep for his KOK fight. Bas knocks Ricco out by accident while they're training.

The director's comentary on Smashing Machine is great as well. It was very interesting to hear the perspect of two guys chatting with quite a few top MMA personalities.

I didn't see any of that in the Renzo documentary
either. Are there different versions?

TTT

Those are the Renzo extras. Go to the extras menu then go to the next page.

Renzo rolling with Ryan was fast as hell.

Choke didn't really have any extras, but like everyone else is saying, The Smashing Machine has great ones. There's a funny deleted scene about Ricco skipping morning training with Kerr (he agreed to and was supposed to help train Kerr that day for his upcoming fight). They show Ricco at a club partying and drinking. And then Kerr tells Bas to hurt him during training later that day, where they then show Bas knocking Ricco on his ass during kickboxing sparring.

Plus the 30-minute Renzo extra is great.

Wow the Renzo footage is 30 mins? I need to order Smashing Machine for sure. I'll keep the choke video, and not get the dvd. Thanks guys.

I found the Renzo deleted scenes later.

Good thing I read this thread, or I never would've looked.

nickh is correct