CHOP is no more. Shut down by the law!

Bout time

5 Likes

sauce?

Seattle will move to end the police-free zone known as the "Capitol Hill Organized Protest," or "CHOP," after two recent shootings, one of which was deadly, Mayor Jenny Durkan announced Monday.

The mayor said the violence was distracting from changes sought by thousands of peaceful protesters seeking to address racial inequity and police brutality. Activists set up "CHOP" about two weeks ago, barricading off the area after police evacuated a precinct building there.

Ryazzo - Seattle will move to end the police-free zone known as the "Capitol Hill Organized Protest," or "CHOP," after two recent shootings, one of which was deadly, Mayor Jenny Durkan announced Monday.

Did she mention that's she's  a fucking lunatic playing with people's lives like it's a game? That's all I want to here from her. She should be gone now. I don't know how the system works, I know you gotta vote, but jesus christ. 

9 Likes

"RACIST FASCIST HITLER-NAZI HATES BLACK PEOPLE (JUST LIKE HITLER) AND WANTS TO MURDER LGBT PEOPLE OF COLOUR WHO ARE PEACEFULLY PROTESTING!!!"

-Huffington Post

4 Likes

I want a video feed of when they go in there and clear it out. 

4 Likes

She is exactly what the the left wants you to think Trump is. 

9 Likes

MojoSoDope - 

I want a video feed of when they go in there and clear it out. 

Yes pleases. I hope they come and night and dragged them out of their poop filled tents

1 Like

In for the feed!!!

there is a live feed on youtube just type in chaz/chop live stream. Only one part of it but still might see it go down. She also said she hasnt committed to a date so not sure when this will happen

Jenny Durkan should of been charged with treason for what she allowed to happen to the city of Seattle under her watch, absolutely sickening, she's as anti American as the rest of them, That blood is on her hands.

I can only imagine the outrage from the media if the party factions were reversed.

11 Likes

I hope that people sue the shit out of her for allowing all of this:  Arson, assault, murder, vandalism, burglary, obstruction of law and emergency response, delays in emergency response from those outside the Chaz, loss of jobs, etc.  

I also hope the Chaz people sue here for losing their rights to live in Chaz after she gave it her blessing.   

All of this is directly her fault and she needs to answer for it as well as the city council. 

10 Likes

Wait is it happening finally?

/runs-to-store-for-popcorn

TheGrandConjuration -

there is a live feed on youtube just type in chaz/chop live stream. Only one part of it but still might see it go down. She also said she hasnt committed to a date so not sure when this will happen

They should’ve had stricter gun control laws & none of this would’ve happened.  :D

9 Likes

Can you imagine getting that cleanup crew assignment?

1 Like

It’s not gonna happen. She made a statement on taking it back, but dicktucked on a timeframe or when it would happen. 

She is a complete fucking idiot. But, I’d love to see this shit go down when it does. All the autistic screeching that’s going to happen and the tears that are going to flow. 

Will be expensive cleaning up that dump now.

Seattle will move to end the police-free zone known as the "Capitol Hill Organized Protest," or "CHOP," after two recent shootings, one of which was deadly, Mayor Jenny Durkan announced Monday.

The mayor said the violence was distracting from changes sought by thousands of peaceful protesters seeking to address racial inequity and police brutality. Activists set up "CHOP" in the city's Capital Hill neighborhood about two weeks ago, barricading off the area after police evacuated a ransacked precinct building there.

"The cumulative impacts of the gatherings and protests and the nighttime atmosphere and violence has led to increasingly difficult circumstances for our businesses and residents," Durkan said at a news conference. "The impacts have increased and the safety has decreased."

City leaders have faced mounting criticism -- including from President Trump -- over the protest zone amid reports of violence within the area and how police can respond to such incidents. Police had not been able to go inside the area. The dismantling of the CHOP followed the death of a 19-year-old man in a Saturday shooting in which another person was injured.

On Sunday, a 17-year-old was shot in the arm on the edge of the area.

Demonstrators inside CHOP have been mostly peaceful, but a more charged atmosphere has become evident at night. Their demands have included calls to defund the police and for leaders to address other social-justice causes.

"There should be no place in Seattle that the Seattle Fire Department and the Seattle Police Department can't go," Durkan said.