Chris Haseman to fight Spartan 9

supersoldier has a point, as far as international experience goes against top level guys chris has the edge, just look at his record.

Great news about Haseman fighting at Spartan.

But, I don't want to see him fight Elvis. I want to see them split up and work towards the Pride and UFC LHW belts.

That would be something.

Let's not get tied up with a pissing contest over who is best.

ANY Aussie fighter who manages to score overseas fighting opportunities with any of the major events should be supported.

Guys like Elvis, Chris, Bonello, Larry P. on the MMA circuit; other guys like Peter de B. and other BJJ players who have competed at international level (even the "traditional" martial arts like karate and TKD) all deserve great credit for being ambassadors for our small,almost miniscule, martial arts communities.

At this stage it is Chris Haseman who agreed to step up and fight (and hopefully prevail)against a world class opponent on home soil. Hopefully, as a result of this, Chris can go on to score more fights, better his career, make some money, and fly the flag for all us overseas.

This is a great occasion for the entire Australian MMA fight scene, lets not bugger it up with some internet sniping over personality issues, and wish Chris the best in knocking the fuck out of his opponent. (..at the end of the second round hopefully, so I don't spill my beer when cheering.)

for what its worth.

Mr S.

Just to update people, I still haven't got any confirmation on Chris's opponant yet due to the Xmas season and all but it will be a good solid match that will see Chris pushed to his full potential and Chris does thrive under those conditions.

I hope to get Jmaie Ballard `V` Danial Lima as well. All the best.

MMAfun im not a hater im just giving my opinion as are you,although yours is just a bit more romo.

Naukaut what the fuck are you babling, dude i live in Townsville i am NOWHERE, if elvis did not exist there would still be mma in aus!

Im sorry if my views offend elvis, elvis fans or whoever, im calling it how i see it, through my eyes.

Kez, spartan 9 sounds like a monster, if im here ill try and make it down, maybe some of the dudes calling me a hater can talk to me about it personaly :)

Sounds like a challange. :)

I have to agree with krakkez. Why put our top fighters against each other? Why not set them all up with internation opponets so they can all hit the world scene together and really take Australian MMA to the world. In the next few year why couldn't Perosh, Elvis, Haseman, Soa, Bonello ect ect all be fighting top name fighters here and overseas? Why try to take other top Aussies out of the picture early in their careers?

By the way loved watching Soa nad Chris Brown fight international fighters at the Melb Shooto fights.

Keats, "why would we put the top fighters against each other"?
Fighters must fight the best in there weight div,if we have a handfull of top blokes in one div and they dont fight each other then we will have to guess who is best, if this is the case with Elvis, Chris H and whoever we would have to assume that chris was the best as he has a win over elvis already!
The top blokes whatever weight div must always fight the best in there weight, to always keep improving, as they do in the US.

So you would rather Elvis, Haseman, Perosh, Soa and Bonello all fight here 1st so we can see who is the best and just let one of those guys basically represent Australia on the MMA scene?

I agree they should fight top opposition or opposition that pushes them but why can't they be international fighters so all our guys get exposure on the world scene???

Like Green and Mundine why would they even want to fight until at least they were both World Champs, then not only would Australia be interested in this fight but the rest of the world would be also.

Imagine if we had 2 fighters who made it big on the world stage then they matched off in a fight in Australia, what could this do for MMA here?

And besides, everyone loves a chance to revenge a loss.

Just think, Haseman -v- Sinosic II a win to Elvis, what a set up for a third match.

A promoters dream...

Tank (but I'd be picking Chris to win 2 for 2, that new haircut just makes him unstoppable)

It's Hammer time! Here's some homework for you lot. If Chris Haseman vs Carlos Barretto = Barretto beat down like a red haired step child. Chris Haseman vs Elvis Sinosic = ?

"It's Hammer time"

If Chris ever enters the ring to an MC Hammer song, he's lost me as a fan !!

:-)

Tank

Todd82 you theory is very flawed ...heres why

If Elvis vs Horn = Quick armbar to Elvis .....and Horn vs Haseman = armbar to Horn

Elvis vs Haseman ???

I dont agree with this , but going by your thinking its right .

KEATS, In no way am i suggesting that Australia should have only one fighter representing!!

America,Japan and Brazil have many fighters that fight the BEST in there country and fight overseas.
Thinking that if you lose one match you are finished is retarded,if that was the case Elvis would have been finished a long time ago.

And by the way Aaron W, Elvis got cut up by Tanner, Chris went the distance, this was all more recent than the other matches you are refering too.
Besides we know that Chris will fight, would Elvis.

These threads make it look like that im being hard on Elvis,which is really not the case, my whole argument from the beginning was trying to highlight chris Haseman.

dude ,

Re read what i wrote . i was responding to todd . I was explaining why his theory was flawed , i said that i didnt believe it , but rather used it as an example.

If you dont understand dont worry

If you're going to compare records, I think it needs to be done "overall" not on single fights.

From Sherdog;

Name Chris Haseman
Nick Name The Hammer
Record 12 - 13 - 0

Name Elvis Sinosic
Nick Name The King of Rock n Rumble
Record 3 - 7 - 1

I find that pretty convincing myself, but if you're more curious, go and check out the talent that Chris has faced. It's very impressive (and surprising given we don't hear too much about him)

Not that Elvis isn't a talented fighter, he obviously is, but Chris just has more fights, more wins and a better win/loss ratio.

Of course these is always the "lies, damn lies and statistics" argument to refute my theory...

Tank

*edited for really poor grammar*

I'll say this again, just to be clear, I am not an Elvis hater ! He seems like a good guy, and has obviously accomplished something in the MMA world.

So with that in mind, here's my theory on why he has a higher profile then Chris.

Chris has had most of his fights in Japan or Europe with Rings. Apart from the Rings shows that Chris put on in Brisbane, I don't think many people in Oz really followed them.

Elvis on the other hand, got a shot in the UFC, won and got a title shot. That would have raised his profile considerably, as we (the Oz MMA fans) were watching the UFC.

Add to that the fact that Elvis is a regular on here, and that many people have had a chance to meet and train with him in BJJ, he has a higher profile.

I don't think this makes either a better fighter, it's just why I think more people know of Elvis, and why they are surpised to see the extent of Chris' career when it comes up in these discussions.

I know I was shocked when I read the list of fighters Chris has faced at the end of the highlight Cadmus did (which I think is great !)

Tank

After all this perhaps this would be a good match up,yes Elvis has faced Ortiz, but Haseman fought FEDOR who in my mind is one of the toughest dudes on the planet at the moment.
Im sure if Elvis fought Chris it wouldnt stop him trying to get back to the UFC.

fcfighter which imo is alot more accurate than sherdog has chris at 19-16-0... fcfighter still has some of chris's fights missing. very impressive record.

MMAfun im not a hater im just giving my opinion as are you,although yours is just a bit more romo.
Naukaut what the fuck are you babling, dude i live in Townsville i am NOWHERE, if elvis did not exist there would still be mma in aus!

Im sorry if my views offend elvis, elvis fans or whoever, im calling it how i see it, through my eyes.

Kez, spartan 9 sounds like a monster, if im here ill try and make it down, maybe some of the dudes calling me a hater can talk to me about it personaly :)

SuperSoldier, i know that you are just giving your opinion and your point of view in regards to this two fighters but what i dont understand is why you keep on trying to say that Haseman is a better fighter then Elvis or he is a level above him?
BTW,. what do you mean that my point of view is a bit more romo than yours??

And SuperSoldier ill be there for Spartan 9 and as far as i know im the only "dude" thats called you a hater, and of course if you would like to talk to me personally,.. sure. ;)