Chris Leben didnt train? Getting Cut?

keep him

Cut him, there are too many up and coming guys at 185 to keep giving Leben fights on the maincard.

bigwignj - 
B_Goetz - Burton was on here saying that he was training Leben for the fight. I'm sure he can comment on the validity of these claims.
maurice smith travels with bob sapp to get him in shape for fights. I believe it was the minoman fight he said he met up with bob 45 days before the fight to train. Bob showed up to train five total days out of the camp. Just because you are training someone does not mean the guy your training puts in the time. Was he with burton for 8 10 weeks or for like two or three? Or even a full camp of just showing up, rather then working hard will have it effects. Maybe leben went to camp but just went through the motions. Who knows, but he did not fight up to his potential on saturday for whatever reasons.

I disagree. That IS Chris Leben's potential. He was fighting a great athlete, and made a go of it. If his opponent won't stand and trade with him, he's not capable of doing much standing. I was extremely surprised that he ended up on top for much of the fight.

I have a hard time believing leben didn't train... you don't get striking technique like that sitting around...

sawdusk - I have a hard time believing leben didn't train... you don't get striking technique like that sitting around...

I see what you did there..

story97 - her secret source was just mayonnaise and thousand island dressing

Iole's secret source is his shrine to Dana White, where he prays to Baldo the source of all life for answers.

imo, that makes them about equal

Iole is a horrible horrible source.
How often this last few months has he posted just shit?

Leben did not train very hard for this fight. Can't take anything away from Rosholt though. But yes I was surprised how well he was actually doing. Chris is an entertaining fighter. He should be used as kind of a gate keeper. I really think if he gets his life straight, he can do some great things.

I like Cris Leben very much! Dude always brings it and thats all you can ask for.

I have hours of video of me training Chris for this fight. He fought in a much more technical manner than in the past, but Rosholt just caught him with a good move. The fight was even on the scorecards going into the final round. You can't fight like that without training very hard.

Haynmatman - Leben did not train very hard for this fight. Can't take anything away from Rosholt though. But yes I was surprised how well he was actually doing. Chris is an entertaining fighter. He should be used as kind of a gate keeper. I really think if he gets his life straight, he can do some great things.

Fuck this gatekeeper shit. there are too many eager, willing and talented fighters to keep someone that isn't even disciplined enough to train for his job (if that's true)

JimmersonzGlove -  "Iole went on to say, "UFC is dropping fighters on the margins, I think he's done.""

Says the guy who stated "Cro Cop will never fight in the UFC again."

And the same guy that changes the entire content of articles he posted that are so different they completely contradict each other.

he's so eager to get shit up, he doesn't even qualify his shit. I'm sure it comes right from the UFC PR dept, to him to the web. unverified

Burton - I have hours of video of me training Chris for this fight. He fought in a much more technical manner than in the past, but Rosholt just caught him with a good move. The fight was even on the scorecards going into the final round. You can't fight like that without training very hard.

Is this a troll?!

newbyfan -

He is a fan favorite ...

Which fan?  Is it someone here?

some of you douches are cold

"well he should take his job seriously"

no shit, but having an addiction is not so simple, yes he messed up for whatever reason that caused him to get that addiction, maybe depression?

but to sit there and judge him because of his personal deamons is rediculous. Wish the guy the best instead.

maybe once the silver spoon is out of your mouth and you realize not everyone had a perfect life you can at the very least try and sympathize.

of course you wont though, either your life was too good or you will tell how you had a rough upbringing and still didnt fall into addiction....and good for YOU.

your not everyone else, we cant all be so perfect, imagine if you put your mind into MMA...maybe you would be in the UFC...oh wait...

see what happens when the roids wear off? leben nuthuggers

I like Chris.

orcus -  Is Leben really a "fan favorite"?

Yes. He's a journeyman certainly, but I'd say the public as a whole pulls for Leben.

LOL, at this same douche who said Cro Cop will never fight for the UFC again.

Leben has name value, and with the Zuffa war on Strikeforce just beginning, anybody with any sort of name value will not be let go by the UFC, heck they're even re-signing the likes of Baroni and Matyushenko.

smoking cigs and out at the bars is wot I heard.