Chris Lytle & Matt Serra relive rematch in Indy

Here's a little something I thought the fine people of the UG might be interested in. Nearly three years after the UFC's first trip to Indianapolis, Chris Lytle and Matt Serra look back on a fight that, for several reasons, neither will ever forget.

Lytle: "Matt and I had talked before about how, the first time we fought, it wasn't very good. It was two guys who were afraid to lose, not really going out and laying it on the line. So much was at stake."

Serra: "After that [second] fight, I truly thought I'd have another one. But it got to the point where, I have a growing a family. Not too long after that, someone called out my name in an interview or something. Usually if someone mentions your name, you want to get ahold of the guy. My thing is, you're calling me out? That's going to be the stupidest thing you ever did. But someone mentioned my name – 'Oh, I'd like to fight Matt Serra' – and my first thought was, I don't give a s--t. I want to take my kids to the park. That was a red flag. I thought, maybe I better get out."

You can read the full article here: http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/08/for-serra-and-lytle-ufcs-first-trip-to-indianapolis-was-a-night-to-remember

Miss both of them. Two stand up guys who were definitely good for the sport. Glad to see they're both happy and healthy in their retirements.

Kid Salami - Miss both of them. Two stand up guys who were definitely good for the sport. Glad to see they're both happy and healthy in their retirements.
This. Phone Post 3.0