Chris was done

Fingertips or not, even if Gegard got a deducted point or whatever he would have dismantled Chris since he was exhausted. If they do a rematch, make it 5 rounds so it's clear how much of a tactical advantage Mousasi has by fighting at a constant pace. He has earned the title shot anyhow, like moose said Chris was exhausted and looked for a way out. The reason he was all emotional at the end was because he knew he mentally quit and anyone who has fought or been in the sport for a long time could see that. 

For the record takedowns shouldn't give any points unless he does damage as a result. 

Agree Weidman was done

Disagree TDs shouldn't be scored. He is controlling the fight 

No question. Mousasi was the better man. If there's a rematch, he wins that one easier. If Weidman continues fighting, I hope it's at 205. He's a HW cutting to 185 and it's ruining him. 

Bobby Lupo -

No question. Mousasi was the better man. If there's a rematch, he wins that one easier. If Weidman continues fighting, I hope it's at 205. He's a HW cutting to 185 and it's ruining him. 

I don't understand why anybody at that level wants to cut more than 4-5 pounds. I'll rather fight a heavier opponent and try to out tire him than to get fatigued and drown. 

Also, if they do a rematch, I hope Gegards wrestling coach drills him to defend the outside single with a basic switch. Frustrating to see him overhook and fight fire with fire multiple times. 

He tried to game the system and it blew up in his face. Mousasi should not get punished for a legal technique because his opponent broke mentally and thought he could milk a NC out of it

^ yes. he wasn't that hurt but wanted to milk a NC or DQ. backfired big time

Usada

Agreed. The doctors said he couldn't continue for a reason.

Agreed 100%, he quit and was looking for a way out. Quite sad to watch really.

rewatch the end. he was not done at all. dude was trying to game the system and get a DQ win.

if he was done he wouldn't have the energy or awareness to put both of his hands on the mat to prevent the knees.

i am not a fan, but i think chris would have won the decision if it continued

I thought he was originally just stalling for time to try recover then he just lost control of the situation.

He might not even get a rematch with that being the last fight on Gegards contract.

The Persian Devil - 
Bobby Lupo -

I don't understand why anybody at that level wants to cut more than 4-5 pounds. I'll rather fight a heavier opponent and try to out tire him than to get fatigued and drown. 

Also, if they do a rematch, I hope Gegards wrestling coach drills him to defend the outside single with a basic switch. Frustrating to see him overhook and fight fire with fire multiple times. 

He's been cutting weight for half his life, I guess it makes sense to him. Some guys don't feel fight-fit if they don't cut the weight. Maybe it's the discipline and the mental fortitude to make the cut allows them to feel mentally strong.

Chris was huge a couple of weeks ago. Bigger than usual, he put on a bunch of muscle and looked like a killer. If he cut a few pounds to 205, he wouldn't have been a corpse at the weigh in and running on fumes in the cage. 

If he sticks around the UFC, Gegard's going to have to get his wrestling up for Romero. Yoel's not getting any younger, and Gegard has the technical boxing to counter Romero's wild hooks. 

I think he's peaking right now, and is the best MW in the world. 

If he goes to Bellator, he could end up winning 3 titles.

USADA is what did Chris in.

Chris is big enough for 205 I hope he changes weight classes either way I wish him the best

As usual, Weidman was beaten.

I remember a time when fighters almost never tried to milk any point deduction or possible DQ because of the clear chance that it will backfire. Hell I miss when people have there face half torn off telling the doctor they are fine and to let them fight...weidman deserves that loss, he will be lucky if he fights whitaker next, theyre going to give him brunson or hall