Chris Weidman is the Tim Duncan of MMA

He doesn't do anything flashy and he isn't all that explosive. But he is always in the right position and almost always throwing techniques the right way. A simple elbow here, a routine leg check there. It doesn't stand out as something that is overly impressive and it won't wow the TUF noob, but at the end of the day, all he does he win...every minute of virtually every fight. The big fundamental. 

gokudamus -

He doesn't do anything flashy and he isn't all that explosive. But he is always in the right position and almost always throwing techniques the right way. A simple elbow here, a routine leg check there. It doesn't stand out as something that is overly impressive and it won't wow the TUF noob, but at the end of the day, all he does he win...every minute of virtually every fight. The big fundamental. 

His elbow, to takedown transition in his fight against Munoz, was one of the most amazing moments I've ever seen in MMA. I thought it was flashy as fuch. Phone Post 3.0

I have no fucking idea who Tim Duncan is but that elbow finish of Munoz was pretty damn flashy in my humble opinion.

Weidman's only got 11 fights, give him some time. His striking is constantly getting better.

His standing guillotine finish wasn't half bad either.

I_Pulled_Guard_On_Kimbo - 
gokudamus -

His elbow, to takedown transition in his fight against Munoz, was one of the most amazing moments I've ever seen in MMA. I thought it was flashy as fuch. Phone Post 3.0

technical yes, flashy no. 

gokudamus - 
gokudamus -

What's not flashy about a standing elbow KO?

sillyscreenname -
gokudamus - 
gokudamus -

What's not flashy about a standing elbow KO?

The whole moment was flashy as FUCH. It was like next-level, Anderson Silva, Matrix, shit.
Mark throws right hook, Weidman thinks on a left hook to counter, but decides an inverse elbow would be better at that range, all in a split second before Munoz's punch is even close to landing, elbow lands, Weidman ducks the right hook, Munoz staggers, and without a second of hesitation Weidman steps into the perfect position to follow Munoz to the ground. It was fuching beautiful. Phone Post 3.0