Chris Weidman turns down Chimaev after Wonderboy

They should have him fight weidman if they want him to have a "name" on his record.

dinkledorf -
JoeHurley -
ThatsHowIRoll -
dinkledorf -

Turned down as in Egg doesn't want to pay them.

This. Why should they take on this very dangerous newcomer? To make up for the effect on their legacy at the back end of their careers the UFC needs to stump up the money 

So now fighters need extra money to fight top ranked guys as well as unranked newcomers? 

How do people hate on fighters who try to earn more money? It's like half this forum is fucking retarded. 

Nobody is against fighters getting more money. That would be ridiculous for me to think so I dont even know why you try to go there. It's the point that they need "extra" money to fight top ranked opponents because it's a big fight, "extra" money for this guy because he's a tough fighter and now more money for this guy who is unranked and new. Who is it that they're willing to fight for no "extra" money?

2 Likes
sureshock -

Why is Khimaev ignoring and ducking Magney then? He even blocked Magney after he posted on his social media page. WW ranked #10 not good enough? Magney called him out and not a word was spoken. Straight up silence from Khazmat. 

Is this true?

shitty if it is as that is a great match up, magny won’t be bullied on the ground so easily 

ThatsHowIRoll -
dinkledorf -

This. Why should they take on this very dangerous newcomer? To make up for the effect on their legacy at the back end of their careers the UFC needs to stump up the money 

Maybe because they signed a contract for whatever pay they are getting. Everybody scared of chimaev, I hope he keeps exposing the scared homies. 

Russ -
sureshock -

Why is Khimaev ignoring and ducking Magney then? He even blocked Magney after he posted on his social media page. WW ranked #10 not good enough? Magney called him out and not a word was spoken. Straight up silence from Khazmat. 

Is this true?

shitty if it is as that is a great match up, magny won’t be bullied on the ground so easily 

Magny would be the only one going to the ground after khamzat folds him. 

Eric Bloodaxe -
Bend The Knee -
ThatsHowIRoll -
dinkledorf -

Because they fight for a living. Its literally their job. 

I only do my job if paid properly.

If you sign a contract with your company, will your boss let you renegotiate before every project he hands you?

2 Likes

Wonderboy and Weidman don’t want that smoke.

The UFC would like to permanently retire Weidman.

Russ -
sureshock -

Is this true?

It's 100 percent fact. It is trending on other forums. 

Darren till said he would be willing to fight him after his next fight! Till vs chimaev would be a great fight 

JoeHurley -
dinkledorf -
JoeHurley -
ThatsHowIRoll -
dinkledorf -

So now fighters need extra money to fight top ranked guys as well as unranked newcomers? 

How do people hate on fighters who try to earn more money? It's like half this forum is fucking retarded. 

Nobody is against fighters getting more money. That would be ridiculous for me to think so I dont even know why you try to go there. It's the point that they need "extra" money to fight top ranked opponents because it's a big fight, "extra" money for this guy because he's a tough fighter and now more money for this guy who is unranked and new. Who is it that they're willing to fight for no "extra" money?

Seriously. If the UFC said "We want you to fight this person ranked outside of the top 50, and we're only going to pay you 60% of your contracted money because it's an easy fight", the fighter would throw a shit fit and say they're not honoring the contract. Well fucko, you reap what you sow.

Weidman is delusional and thinks he still championship level...he should retire. 

1 Like

Weidman is delusional and thinks he still championship level…he should retire. "

True, he is delusional, which is why he should take this fight. It would be popular and he could derail the biggest hype train we have seen in years. Or gets smoked, which is what everyone would expect.

It’s all upside.

supersonic -

Weidman is delusional and thinks he still championship level…he should retire. "

True, he is delusional, which is why he should take this fight. It would be popular and he could derail the biggest hype train we have seen in years. Or gets smoked, which is what everyone would expect.

It’s all upside.

I can agree here but he truly thinks he can get Izzy. He should retire, something wrong upstairs. I am a fan but he’s not on the same level he once was… 

1 Like

So chris says he can beat izzy but is scared of khamzat? Lol 

Prime Weidman was a bad mofo. This guy we have now should fight a couple TUF rejects and go out on a couple wins.

Weidman has an experience with Chechens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cok9ijDC_EY

touch -

Weidman has an experience with Chechens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cok9ijDC_EY

Weidman unlocked the invitation to the bathtub parties with that dance.

1 Like
Russ - 
sureshock -

Is this true?

Do you think Wonderboy would get bullied easily on the ground by Chinaev though? I don’t, Wonderboy is very hard to taje down and even harder to keep down. On the feet Wonderboy is very slick and I know Chimaev hits hard but he’d get pieced up

I’m thinking Chimaev doesn’t want Magny because Magny is not a big known name and he is boring as sludge …talented yes but he just oozes boredom.

Chimaev should be fighting Mike Perry or Vincent Luque next. The Wonderboys and Magnys are too big to be fighting at this point

TheChris isn’t punch drunk or delusional 

He just knows that putting together a solid win streak to justify a title shot is very unlikely.

But argue for one based on a little storyline of him finishing two opponents Izzy didnt, combined with Izzy being untouched in his last fight and maybe considering Chris an easy short notice paycheque, knowing he likes to fight often?

Why not put it out there and see if he can get a bite?