Christopher Nolan shooting new film - Dunkirk

FYI

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunkirk_%282017_film%29

Christopher Nolan marshals an army of 1,500 extras as he recreates evacuation of 330,000 soldiers for World War II epic Dunkirk with high-flying wire stunts from a crane... while young actor Fionn Whitehead shoots first scenes

• Allied soldiers were evacuated from Dunkirk in just one week and saved from surrounding German forces in 1940
  • Stars Tom Hardy, Cillian Murphy, Kenneth Branagh, Mark Rylance and former One Direction member Harry Styles
  • Cut-out soldiers were used in place of real actors along with cut out trucks to give the illusion of a bigger crowd 
  • A French T-47 Class Destroyer, the Maillé-Brézé, was shipped in from Brittany to avoid the use of CGI 
  • The evacuation nicknamed Operation Dynamo was described by Winston Churchill as a 'miracle of deliverance'
  • 1,500 extras, a crane and a spitfire were used to recreate the miraculous evacuation of 333,000 allied troops

It was hailed as a miracle when the 330,000 Allied troops surrounded by Nazi forces in France were evacuated in a daring operation between May 27 and June 4 1940.

So it was little surprise to see award-winning director Christopher Nolan marshaling the on-camera action much like a general, as the cast and crew of Dunkirk movie continued to film intense and explosively dramatic scenes at Malo les Bains, France, on Monday.

Commanding an army of 1,500 extras, two of his leading men and a plethora of machinery, including cranes and planes, the 45-year-old director certainly seemed to be pulling out all the stops for the epic World War II film..................

MORE:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3616395/Christopher-Nolan-marshals-army-1-500-extras-recreates-World-War-II-evacuation-330-000-soldiers-Dunkirk-young-actor-Fionn-Whitehead-shoots-scenes.html

damn it

move to OG please

Amazing scenes from the LuftWFA!!!

PeterIrl - Amazing scenes from the LuftWFA!!!

booo !!

PeterIrl - Amazing scenes from the LuftWFA!!!
Huzza! VU Phone Post 3.0

Still waiting for the UG vs Holzer Reich movie. Phone Post 3.0

We shall fight them in the wrong forum... Phone Post 3.0

"Stars Tom Hardy"

take my money!

It was after all the

Worst
Fucking
Atrocity Phone Post 3.0

"A French T-47 Class Destroyer, the Maillé-Brézé, was shipped in from Brittany to avoid the use of CGI"

"Cut-out soldiers were used in place of real actors along with cut out trucks to give the illusion of a bigger crowd" 

Hollywood at its most ironic.

Did Nolan decide to cast all of the bad guys from the Dark Knight Trilogy he could get his hands on or something?

Who is playing Churchill? Phone Post 3.0

Uhtred Ragnarson - Who is playing Churchill? Phone Post 3.0

Heath Ledger

or Daniel Day Lewis

PeterIrl - Amazing scenes from the LuftWFA!!!
Haha, well done. Phone Post 3.0

Uhtred Ragnarson - Who is playing Churchill? Phone Post 3.0

Harry styles obviously. 

NicolasRGC - "Stars Tom Hardy"

take my money!
He's almost to cool, it's starting to get on my nerves. Phone Post 3.0

An amazing victory

-Britain Phone Post 3.0

Kind of disappointing he s wasting his creative genius on a war movie Phone Post 3.0

shaqitup - Kind of disappointing he s wasting his creative genius on a war movie Phone Post 3.0

Seconded.

I really enjoy Nolan's stuff but war movies ain't my bag.

I like me a good war movie. Dunkirk will be interesting.