Chuck Injured Off 85

Didn't see a thread on it yet, sorry if it's already been noted:

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2008/04/21/report-liddell-injured-ufc-85-main-event-cancelled/

LoL, this should be interesting... I have a feeling they will be taking one of the fights away from next month's UFC and put it on that card. Possibly Tito vs. Machida.

April 21, 2008 By: Sam Caplan Category: UFC 85, Chuck Liddell

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Chuck Liddell has been taken off of the card for UFC 85 scheduled to take place in London on June 7, MMARated.com is reporting.

The UFC has yet to issue an official statement.

Liddell had been scheduled to fight Rashad Evans. Evans is also expected to be removed from the card with the bout against Liddell likely to be re-scheduled for later in the summer.

Liddell had originally been scheduled to fight Mauricio “Shogun” Rua on the card, but Evans was tapped as a replacement after Rua was forced to bow out after aggravating a knee injury.

There is no word if a replacement main event will be added to the UFC 85 lineup. A heavyweight title between Brandon Vera and Fabricio Werdum is currently the highest profile match that’s still scheduled.

According to the Wrestling Observer, the event, scheduled for the O2 Arena, has sold over 10,000 tickets, making it very unlikely that the event will be re-scheduled entirely.

It will be interesting to see if the show remains scheduled for pay-per-view, as drawing a strong buyrate could be difficult without a legitimate main event. UFC 85 will also be taking place just two weeks after UFC 84, which already an obstacle in regards to drawing a strong buyrate.

Tito won't even be on TV

FrankieBitchTits - 

I seriously doubt that scenario.

Why's that? It's only 2 weeks later than the originally scheduled fight, not to mention, would likely be bumped to Main event status.

bleier - 

Tito won't even be on TV

LOL, yes he will. Dana already said he will be.

They better make this a free UFC

Anderson Silva-Okami would be about the only unsigned fight they could get to headling 85, and it's getting a little late for that.

Hardcharger - They better make this a free UFC

Or else what? LoL

I think it'd be smart for them to make it free but, I don't think they're going to.

man i'm going to this event and thats terrible news if true. just hope they get a suitable main event to replace it.

Brigham - 
Hardcharger - They better make this a free UFC

Or else what? LoL
I think it'd be smart for them to make it free but, I don't think they're going to.

Or else the buyrate is going to suck. Pretty simple conclusion to reach now that the #1 PPV draw is off the card.

They're still advertising that he's on the card on UFC.com.

Shit I have already got my tickets.

Better get the Tito v Machida fight.

[quote]donttazemebro - They're still advertising that he's on the card on UFC.com.[/quote]

"The UFC has yet to issue an official statement."

If they know he's off the card, they shouldn't be selling tickets by promoting that he's fighting Evans.

I think this may turn out to be an iffy rumor.

Give us back Rashad vs. Thiago Silva then.

"

A heavyweight title between Brandon Vera and Fabricio Werdum is currently the highest profile match that’s still scheduled."

huh?

donttazemebro - If they know he's off the card, they shouldn't be selling tickets by promoting that he's fighting Evans.

I think this may turn out to be an iffy rumor.

Because they have never done this?

i wish Shogun vs. Chuck could still happen

i honestly dont care about Evans

if this is true i dont know what the fuck they are gonna do

-Fabricio Werdum vs. Brandon Vera
-Nate Marquardt vs. Thales Leites
-Marcus Davis vs. Mike Swick
-Martin Kampmann vs. Jorge Rivera

prelims
-Ryo Chonan vs. Roan Carneiro
-Thiago Tavares vs. Matt Wiman
-Luis Arthur Cane vs. Jason Lambert
-Jess Liaudin vs. Paul Taylor
-Neil Wain vs. Antoni Hardonk

can any of these fights headline?

"One of the greatest successes that we’ve had, for instance, is the last show we did in New Jersey (UFC 78 on Nov. 17). We had a fight being headlined by two guys who had never fought for a championship and, relatively, had never been proven to be pay-per-view draws. But we basically sold out the arena in New Jersey and we did very strong, above average, pay-per-view. So to me, while it wasn’t Liddell-Ortiz, that said more to me than one of what you might call one of our bigger fights did. It showed that our UFC brand can carry a whole show."

put it on spike for free?