Chuck Liddell: Golden Boy hung us out to dry

UFC Hall of Famers Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz shared one the great rivalries in MMA history. "The Iceman" won the first two via KO, but lost the trilogy fight after a ten-year layoff. He did not look like himself, even a decade older version. During a recent interview with Sherdog, Liddell offered a potential reason for the poor performance.

“Right after the fight, I had my neck fused from C3-C4,” said Liddell, as transcribed by Jason Burgos and Jay Pettry. “But I guess…I didn’t really know that I had a problem and I was that pigheaded.”

“So I got the MRI, went in, and [the doctor] goes ‘so, you’re having some problems with balance and coordination, right?’ I go ‘no, I’m fine.’ [The doctor replies] ‘No, really? Do me a favor and go stand on the other side of the room and walk to me heel-to-toe.’ I couldn’t do it. I kept [losing balance]. Then I stood on one foot, [spread out my arms] and touched my nose with my eyes closed. And as soon as I closed my eyes I fell over.

“Before the fight, [the commission] showed up at my house for a drug test. They also had me do all these neuro tests. One of the things they had me do is stand on one foot, close my eyes and touch my nose. Well, I fell over the first time I did it. So, [the next time] I just kept my eyes kinda open a little bit and did it. And I just figured I was tired. I didn’t know it meant anything.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVjXuqBRzL4&feature=emb_title

Liddell's final fight was promoted by Golden Boy MMA, one and done, and Liddell was not impressed.

“I think they signed a Dazn deal and just…gave up on it,” said Liddell. “[Golden Boy] let it go. They were thinking ‘oh I’m gonna make some money’ and they signed that big Dazn deal and they said, ‘have at it guys, have fun.’ They just kind of screwed us. They just didn’t care. I mean they weren’t promoting anything, they canceled all the PR things, I mean it was like they just hung us out to dry.”

Did he get paid or not? I'm not watching that and regret even reading it. 

5 Likes

Also, "spinal".

1 Like

Remember all the guys defending golden boy and Oscar and shit talking the UFC during that time period. Where y'all at now? 

7 Likes

is he drawing his facial hair on with a sharpee these days?

how many tigers does he own now?

3 Likes

Pretty much 99% of the UG said Golden Boy was a joke and Chuck should not be fighting.

So, chalk one up for us I guess.

7 Likes

I wonder if BJ Penn could pass that heel toe test?

1 Like

Broke back, cracked skull, etc

1 Like

Honestly though, it definitely looked like Chuck was having balance and coordination issues during the fight. It looked so odd. It looked like Chuck couldn't have ko'd Tito, even if Tito closed his eyes, dropped his hands, and let Chuck T-off on him.

1 Like
Floppy Divac - 

Also, "spinal".

![](upload://qgiexerZeiiwGUDmgGm3IaYa6CL.png)

5 Likes

I don’t think anyone expected Chuck to show up like that even with the pad video, I thought he was trolling but no 

KingMartyrJack -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

Honestly though, it definitely looked like Chuck was having balance and coordination issues during the fight. It looked so odd. It looked like Chuck couldn't have ko'd Tito, even if Tito closed his eyes, dropped his hands, and let Chuck T-off on him.

He looked like that before the fight. There were videos released of him hitting pads looking like my grandpa on a bender.

It was sad and everyone rightly said he was gonna lose badly.

Sad!

People were speculating he put out those terrible videos to lull Tito into a false sense of security.

Oscar is crashing and burning in his personal life rn. I could see golden boy going under at some point. 

Well this is shocking news, on the exterior De La Hoya seems such a nice and stable guy. How on earth did this happen? 

You’ll see a bunch of shocked guys on the day Ali does a runner with their money someday too 

1 Like
Dreville79 -

Well this is shocking news, on the exterior De La Hoya seems such a nice and stable guy. How on earth did this happen? 

You’ll see a bunch of shocked guys on the day Ali does a runner with their money someday too 

A couple years ago he had to sue a couple insta ho’s who had video of him sticking kitchen utensils up his ass and were trying to extort him. The cross dressing pics were from like a decade before. If he’s still getting coked up and drunk doing stupid shit after getting embarrassed that badly years before, you have to wonder how reliable someone like that is going to be. 

2 Likes
HillboFrateTrane -
Dreville79 -

A couple years ago he had to sue a couple insta ho’s who had video of him sticking kitchen utensils up his ass and were trying to extort him. The cross dressing pics were from like a decade before. If he’s still getting coked up and drunk doing stupid shit after getting embarrassed that badly years before, you have to wonder how reliable someone like that is going to be. 

At least when I have whores stick things in my ass there's no camera around. Stupid Oscar.

1 Like
Floppy Divac -
HillboFrateTrane -
Dreville79 -

At least when I have whores stick things in my ass there's no camera around. Stupid Oscar.

I mean, I don’t have a problem with the act itself, to each their own if nobody gets hurt or sick, but the lack of judgement being such a high profile figure would be worrying if I was doing business with him. He’s in and out of rehab. Again, nothing wrong with that, but I’d be thinking twice about trusting him with my money or future.  

dhughes - 
Floppy Divac - 

Also, "spinal".

![](upload://qgiexerZeiiwGUDmgGm3IaYa6CL.png)

So… Ken DID beat him into a living death after all

1 Like

Is he saying his balance issue was caused by spinal problems or neurological? 

That's a whole lotta words to not really say anything. How did they hang him out to dry, exactly? Was he not paid? 

He basically said "I can't keep my balance with my eyes closed" twice, Golden Boy signed a deal with Dazn, they hung him out to dry. Chuck has never been a brain surgeon, but he's even less coherent than usual.

3 Likes