Chuck Liddell Punch Drunk?

chuck is all there..  ot punchy at all..  just a little shy deep down. but he a cool motherfucker.

so shutup.

I agree with Soldat regarding punchiness. However, to be honest, I don't REALLY think Liddell's punch drunk but he DID appear to be several times during the show for some reason. But again, I'm sure he's not. Just weird. I chalk it up to being nervous in front of the cameras, Rachelle, etc.

"Chuck is 1/3 Taiwanese."

???

LOL, it's impossible to be 1/3 anything. It only works in powers of two...unless of course one of your grandparents split themselves like a bacteria.

You Thai, you ma brotha.

Was he making funny faces and moving his fists around like how he did when he was watching the Tito fight?  LOL, shit's priceless!!!

Nah, that's just Chuck.

I posted a similar thread. For those of us who have boxed or kickboxed can see the signs. Glassy eyes, slow blinking, slurred speech (of course) and slow facial expression movements in general.

He's only showing minor signs at present. The constant sparring can really add to the toll, not just fights. Whether fighters show it or not, damage takes place.

I've met smart guys who were horrible at public speaking. I think that Chuck is not extremely verbose or articulate. He's a modern day cowboy.

He's a modern day cowboy.

Nice description.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5fLjuij8wM

"Anyway, did anyone else feel that he didn't come off as articulate as say Tito Ortiz or Randy Couture?"

Not as articulate as Tito? Are you serious?? Apparently I was the only one watching Chuck and Tito on Quite Frankly (ESPN2) last night, and seeing Tito fumblefuck his way through every sentence. Just like every other time I've seen Tito with a microphone in front of his face........

I think his nose is just busted to shit. I heard him on the radio months back and he was breathing like my bulldog.

I think it may be nerves, a bit of a self-concious impediment. The reason I think so is there are times when he's fired up or more at ease when he speaks more clearly. For instance, during radio interviews, when he feels like talking/likes the questions, he usually sounds normal, but in front of the cameras, he seems to stutter and mumble/slur more.

i prefer chucks mellow , quiet voice.

titos is annoying though

Close enough, you got me there.

"I think he's just not an intelligent (i know idiots
with degrees) guy."

Wrong, the man has a stellar academic background (for a fighter). Was admitted into some graduate program at Stanford, but then declined to pursue it because he liked fighting so much.

I think his speech impairment is just that: a speech impairment.

Chuck has never been very well-spoken or charismatic.

LOL have you seen him on the ultimate ko dvd same thing

So it's not just ME? Okay, good.