Chuck Norris Style Krava Maga?

Looking at the website for Chuck's United Fighting Arts Federation group, I found they not only teach the Chuck Norris System (formerly Chun Kuk Do and before that American Tang Soo Do), but also have their own systems of Krav Maga and BJJ.

Does anyone have any experience with their Krav Maga? Is it like the McDojo stuff common in the U.S. or closer to what you'd find in Israel?

This is what it says about UFAF Krav Maga Force:

Krav Maga Force™ was founded in December 2010. The core foundation of Krav Maga Force is based upon the Military, Law Enforcement, Private Security, Krav Maga, and Martial Arts experience of its founders Vadim Slavin and Laurian Lapadatu.

The Krav Maga Force curriculum was/is developed, collaboratively, by a group of :

High rank instructors from different Krav Maga and Reality Based Self Defense organizations

Active/retired Military and Police Close Quarter Combat and Use of Force Instructors

Internationally recognized Martial Arts Masters and Instructors

MMA active/veterans fighters

Chuck learned Krav Maga during his time in the ME in the 80's.

my friend said his mom could kick my ass, cuz she does krav maga

ranier wolfcastle -

But does she do Chuck Norris krav maga?

chuck norris puts the MAGA in krav maga (now to be called krav kag)

It pains me to say this, but Chuck sold out a long time ago...

Some of us, die-hards still teach the REAL, old school Chun Kuk Do --not the watered down McDojo nonsense.

For Legal reasons, we have to refer to it as “Shen Kuk Do” but it is the real stuff, taught the way it was supposed to be taught: in cowboy boots & Action Jeans with some casual Western wear up top.

shen - It pains me to say this, but Chuck sold out a long time ago...

Some of us, die-hards still teach the REAL, old school Chun Kuk Do --not the watered down McDojo nonsense.

For Legal reasons, we have to refer to it as “Shen Kuk Do” but it is the real stuff, taught the way it was supposed to be taught: in cowboy boots & Action Jeans with some casual Western wear up top.

I so want this to be true.  Do the yudansha get to wear Walker Texas Ranger Dusters the same way Aikido black belts get to wear hakama?

nottheface - 

I so want this to be true.  Do the yudansha get to wear Walker Texas Ranger Dusters the same way Aikido black belts get to wear hakama?

We have a monthly “Cowboy Class” where a variety of western sundries are explored for their combative utility.

–Such as using a lasso to temporarily hold a bad guy before hitting them with a spinning back kick.

UFAF or go fuck your mother

jju - 

Sounds like someone is just begging for a spinning back kick right through a barn door and into a pile of hay.

Personally, I just won't train in any establishment that fails to start each training session without the traditional Lone Star beer ceremony.

That's just a big red flag for me.

shen -
nottheface - 

We have a monthly “Cowboy Class” where a variety of western sundries are explored for their combative utility.

–Such as using a lasso to temporarily hold a bad guy before hitting them with a spinning back kick.

Dog Brothers meets Green acres

Last falls "Ho down/stay down" seminar was fantastic. I never knew that there were 37 different ways to use a fence tool for a chi strike!

I'll definitely be back this year! I'm hoping my check clears and I get into the advanced class this time, I think I'm finally ready for light contact.

shen -
jju - 

Sounds like someone is just begging for a spinning back kick right through a barn door and into a pile of hay.

You could only pull that move off if you still had a pair of Chuck Norris Action Jeans

jju -
shen -
jju - 

You could only pull that move off if you still had a pair of Chuck Norris Action Jeans

You make it sound like he owns any other kind of jeans.  

1 Like
ranier wolfcastle -

Fuck your friend's mom and then tell him about it... Call him Son a lot