CIA analyst: Putin warned Bush 2 days before 9/11

https://www.tellerreport.com/news/2019-09-05---former-cia-analyst--putin-warned-bush-about-september-11th-.S1ePFsa0SS.html

Former CIA analyst George Bibi wrote in his book that Russian President Vladimir Putin two days before the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks, warned his American counterpart George Bush that Moscow had information about an impending terrorist attack.

This was reported by RIA Novosti with reference to Bibi's book "The Russian Trap: How Our Shadow War with Russia Can Turn Into a Nuclear Catastrophe."

"Putin called President Bush two days before the attack to warn that Russian intelligence had spotted signs of an upcoming terrorist campaign -" something that had been prepared for a long time "- coming from Afghanistan," he wrote.

Bibi also said that the Russian president was the first foreign leader to call Bush on September 11 after the attacks to express support for the United States.

Earlier, the American newspaper The Wall Street Journal wrote that Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, accused of organizing the September 11 terrorist attack, agreed to the deal.

As a result of the terrorist attacks committed by members of the al-Qaida terrorist organization on September 11, 2001 in the United States, about 3 thousand people from 80 countries of the world were killed.

Bush - "Uhh, duh. We planned it."

2 Likes

Very specific details Putin gave W.

I'm guessing it is more fleshed out in the book as to the nature and location of said possible attack?

Wasn't there known chatter about terrorist attacks coming in the preceding months?  I don't think this is anything new other than Russia revealing it.  

TzTinkle -

Wasn't there known chatter about terrorist attacks coming in the preceding months?  I don't think this is anything new other than Russia revealing it.  

Yeah, that's what I had heard as well. 

TzTinkle - 

Yeah. One of Bush's PDBs from the CIA in early August warned that bin Laden was determined to strike inside the US.

https://www.mixedmartialarts.com/forums/OtherGround/WTC-building-7-Report-is-online:2788974?pc=136

Coupled with ...

TzTinkle -

Bill Cooper is a good example  , check this shit..

https://youtu.be/lLHVQUTrgvM

TzTinkle -

Yes. They heated up big time in spring of 2001.

TzTinkle - 

IIRC, the White House said they had vague information of an attack but nothing was known about how or where it would be.   I don't know if that is true or not but if it is, you can't really just shut down everything because something might happen.  Even if they knew the attack would be from planes.

1 Like

George W Bush was informed on 4 occasions by the CIA and the FBI of impending attacks coming from Osama Bin Laden and involving highjacked aircraft between May and August of 2001. 

one of the reports was even included in the presidents daily briefing titled "Bin Laden Determined to strike within the US" 

I could be wrong , but isn't it a lot easier now to put the pieces together. Than when it's all happening real time . 

Spunkchops -
TzTinkle -

Bill Cooper is a good example  , check this shit..

https://youtu.be/lLHVQUTrgvM

With out sounding stupid wacky Alex Jones said in July that there was going to be an attack in new York soon and blamed on Osama. It used to be on YouTube till he got banned. Not a conspiracy theorist but that was pretty weird. He also called up Jeffrey Epstein by name with a lot of info on the island and the people there in the very early 2000s before he was even arrested in Miami. Again not a conspiracy theorist but that was pretty weird

1 Like

What the hell is an impending attack?  And what could you possibly do with that info unless you had specifics?  

The Maestro -

What the hell is an impending attack?  And what could you possibly do with that info unless you had specifics?  

Not much. There were a few different agencies other than the Russians who also said that something will happened somewhere sometime soon.

not sure how anyone could have prevented it other than to have armed cockpits or put marshalls on planes.  even then, unless you knew which planes, pretty hard to stop at the time without locking reinforced doors.

ChucksChin -

I could be wrong , but isn't it a lot easier now to put the pieces together. Than when it's all happening real time . 

Yes, the aftermath revealed that lack of communication and cooperation between the various intelligence agencies. 

The Maestro -

The Bush admin could have asked their intelligence agencies to stop funding the attack and halt operations underway to bring it about. 

Bush let it happen. How else could he market freedom fries?

EFM - 

not sure how anyone could have prevented it other than to have armed cockpits or put marshalls on planes.  even then, unless you knew which planes, pretty hard to stop at the time without locking reinforced doors.

As I recall, the chairman of the 9/11 Commission stated that the attacks were preventable....