CIA analyst: Putin warned Bush 2 days before 9/11

You just cant cover every angle in life.

Sometimes you can even be in perfect position.........and Shaq just dunks on you anyway.  

Vague information like...." Hang around the paint" cant really help anyone

BiggGunn - 
EFM - 

not sure how anyone could have prevented it other than to have armed cockpits or put marshalls on planes.  even then, unless you knew which planes, pretty hard to stop at the time without locking reinforced doors.

As I recall, the chairman of the 9/11 Commission stated that the attacks were preventable....

Wasnt the FBI even investigating the alleged high jackers already? 

Guess 9/11 was meant to happen. Thanks to whoever let it happen.

Read or watch The Looming Tower and you'll realize this story is almost meaningless in comparison to what our intelligence agencies knew and failed to act on.

1 Like
ChucksChin -

I could be wrong , but isn't it a lot easier now to put the pieces together. Than when it's all happening real time . 

Crazy talk... our intelligence services are first rate!

BiggGunn -
EFM - 

not sure how anyone could have prevented it other than to have armed cockpits or put marshalls on planes.  even then, unless you knew which planes, pretty hard to stop at the time without locking reinforced doors.

As I recall, the chairman of the 9/11 Commission stated that the attacks were preventable....

Then again you can say that about pretty much anything 

We had a training exercise THAT DAY of planes flying into buildings... I dont believe in coincidences.

MoreThanUFC - We had a training exercise THAT DAY of planes flying into buildings... I dont believe in coincidences.

I believe in coincidences, just not 50 at the same time...

MoreThanUFC - We had a training exercise THAT DAY of planes flying into buildings... I dont believe in coincidences.

I think it's possible that Cheney and Rumsfield might have had foreknowlege of it and let it happen to fulfill an agenda in the Middle East.  I don't think it was planned by the U.S. though.  I also don't think Bush had any idea even if Cheney did.  He was on live TV reading a book at that kindegarten and he looked completely dumfounded and indecisive.  Not a good look for President in a time of crisis.

There was intelligence that AQ/UBL were planning attacks on the US as early as 1998. Over the next few years, that intel got more and more refined until the CIA briefed President Bush in August 2001 that they were not only planning an attack but that they would likely hijack planes during the course of it. 

Candide - 

There was intelligence that AQ/UBL were planning attacks on the US as early as 1998. Over the next few years, that intel got more and more refined until the CIA briefed President Bush in August 2001 that they were not only planning an attack but that they would likely hijack planes during the course of it. 

Do you have any idea how many flights take place across the United States in a single day?!  WTF are they supposed to do with that information?  

The Maestro -
Candide - 

Do you have any idea how many flights take place across the United States in a single day?!  WTF are they supposed to do with that information?  

I totally agree. Intel is a hard business. I was more commenting on the fact that Putin warning Bush about AQ planning an attack on the US isn't all that big of a deal since it was pretty well known they had plans. Hell, Ahmed Shah Massoud - the Taliban's biggest rival in Afghanistan before AQ assassinated him (on September 10th) - told the entire European Parliament that AQ was planning to attack the US 'very soon' and that was in the spring of 2001.

The Maestro -
Candide - 

If they knew planes were going to be involved wouldn't it make sense they had an idea of who might attack?  Maybe someone can help here.... Didn't the terrorists go through flight training or something like that here in the IS?

EFM -

Which they have now. Could have had them then. 

Robert Thomas -
The Maestro -
Candide - 

If they knew planes were going to be involved wouldn't it make sense they had an idea of who might attack?  Maybe someone can help here.... Didn't the terrorists go through flight training or something like that here in the IS?

You're connecting the dots Ad hoc Whixh is totally unfair. 

May that POS Bin Laden suffer eternally in hell.

So crazy looking back at all of that situation 18 years ago. 

I know hindsite is 20/20 but one thing i always said even before 911 was that the bifold doors to the cockpit were stupid. I always thought some drunken passanger would break in thinking it was the bathroom, trip and crash the plane. This one was a no brainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxhQXV1-kFA

Soup and Beer - 

I think it's possible that Cheney and Rumsfield might have had foreknowlege of it and let it happen to fulfill an agenda in the Middle East.  I don't think it was planned by the U.S. though.  I also don't think Bush had any idea even if Cheney did.  He was on live TV reading a book at that kindegarten and he looked completely dumfounded and indecisive.  Not a good look for President in a time of crisis.

Bush SR was still at his evil best at that time...He and Chaney knew and were active

Jr probably had no clue and was played perfectly...he was just a character with no real pull, just a name and some charm

Sgt_Doakes_Got_Jokes -

May that POS Bin Laden suffer eternally in hell.

So crazy looking back at all of that situation 18 years ago. 

Wait theres actually people that still believe Bin Laden was involved?

1 Like

Warning of an attack is a lot different than giving details of an attack coming.