Cigano vs Bones

I just rewatched Mir and Dos Santos and was blown away by juniors speed.

Does Jones have the strength or speed to contend with jds in the stand up? Could he get that big dude down?

I think Jones would lose to jds but smash silva

Not sure but I would love to find out Phone Post

Jds power and footwork would b too much for bones Phone Post

JDS would take bones head off his shoulders Phone Post

It depends on how well Jones puts on weight. I think he could have a real shot as future HW champ. Phone Post

Machida and Vitor rocked Bones, what do you think JDS woud do?

ABE FROMAN -

This. Phone Post

Both JDS and Silva KO Jones. Both would exploit the holes in his standup while avoiding the range at which Jones might get the takedown

JDS would beat him. He's better. Phone Post

ABE FROMAN - 

When did Vitor rock Bones?  IIRC it was totally one-sided other than the armbar.

babacanoosh -
ABE FROMAN -

This. Phone Post

Lmao. When did any of them rock jones? Gtfo with the jones hate. Machida hit jones but did nothing with it. Vitor almost tapped him but didn't touch his chin once. Phone Post

daxfactor - 
babacanoosh -
ABE FROMAN -

This. Phone Post

Lmao. When did any of them rock jones? Gtfo with the jones hate. Machida hit jones but did nothing with it. Vitor almost tapped him but didn't touch his chin once. Phone Post

I was at UFC 140.  Machida definitely had Jones stumbling in the first round.  Whether it was because Jones got knocked off balance or because he got rocked is up for debate.

I'm with you on the Vitor thing though, don't recall Vitor touching Bones with anything.

I imagine next year about this time we'll all be singing - "All I want for Christmas is for Jones to go to sleep, yeah for Jones to go to sleep. All I want for Christmas is for Jones to go to sleep, yeah for Jones to go to sleep."

Jones will eventually be the HW champ.

JDS is good, but nowhere near Anderson in striking.

Maybe Anderson could KO Jones, that is about it. Anderson is light years ahead of Machida and Machida was doing pretty decent.

AresSmashedPrahjuhdee -
MostLegit -  It depends on how well Jones puts on weight. I think he could have a real shot as future HW champ. Phone Post

hate to ruin your little fantasy of a big Jones, but he has said he plans on getting only to 240 when he goes to Heavyweight.

Woah there contentious for no reason. I didn't say he was going to be a 265 monster. I just hope he gains functional strength to go with that mass. Phone Post

MostLegit -
AresSmashedPrahjuhdee -
MostLegit -  It depends on how well Jones puts on weight. I think he could have a real shot as future HW champ. Phone Post

hate to ruin your little fantasy of a big Jones, but he has said he plans on getting only to 240 when he goes to Heavyweight.

Woah there contentious for no reason. I didn't say he was going to be a 265 monster. I just hope he gains functional strength to go with that mass. Phone Post

Yeah he said no bigger than 240.

I'm not sure how big he is now but I'd say he certainly touches 230 but I'm only speculating on that.

Although it wasn't mentioned here, Others have talked about how big he will get and be this unstoppable force but as mentioned he said no bigger than 240.

Can't wait to see it all unfold though, it will be one of those times in MMA when there is genuine excitement. Phone Post

It's the most evenly matched, epic fight out there....

DAYYYYYY-NNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Give us what we want!!!!!

God, Jones does not get his props here at all. I mean, Junior got tagged way more in his dominance than Bones has. I mean, could Roy Nelson hit Jones? I doubt it. He hit Junior, though.

Machida didn't rock jones. Machida is so fast that he could probably land a shot on junior, or anyone, for that matter.

Let's not forget that Jones makes wrestling beasts like Hammill, Vlady and Bader look like first graders fighting high school seniors. On his feet he picked apart Rampage, Machida, Shogun and Rashad- all excellent strikers.

Oh, and his frame - along with an other-worldly 84" reach - is going to be a nightmare for everyone on earth.

I am not saying he's guaranteed to win, but, Jesus Fucking Christ people, show some fucking respect to the MMA monster that is Jon Jones.

Also, think about how much 2 time HW champion Randy Couture had with Brandon Vera. He really struggled.

Jones walked through him like a hot knife through butter, too, just like he did all the other world class fighters he faced.

I know this is MMA math, but Jones is no ordinary LHW. I would put this fight at even betting odds.