Cigar Humidor TME

I'm looking to get a humidor for cigars. So I would like as much info as possible on them. Such as difference between cheap and expensive ones? Are they low maintenance? Is it as simple as sticking the cigar in the humidor and leaving them? Any other info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

For your trouble

Phone Post 3.0

TTT

Phone Post 3.0

In for later.

Search got my cigar thread Phone Post

Will do when on my pc later today

Cheers

=) Phone Post 3.0

If its your first, get a desk top style humidor. Dont spend more than 50 bucks. Most people don't need anything bigger. Keep it around 70% humidity and only used distilled water. There are probably people on here you can go way more in depth, but that should get you started. Phone Post

N Phone Post 3.0

meth wizard - If its your first, get a desk top style humidor. Dont spend more than 50 bucks. Most people don't need anything bigger. Keep it around 70% humidity and only used distilled water. There are probably people on here you can go way more in depth, but that should get you started. Phone Post
I was looking at one around £100. I seen another one that is a jar humidor are they any good? Phone Post 3.0

Subbed to chime in later. Phone Post 3.0

Get the bill Clinton style humidor bro...I heard it makes your sigar taste great! Phone Post

In for info as well. Phone Post

DiniKen - 
meth wizard - If its your first, get a desk top style humidor. Dont spend more than 50 bucks. Most people don't need anything bigger. Keep it around 70% humidity and only used distilled water. There are probably people on here you can go way more in depth, but that should get you started. Phone Post
I was looking at one around £100. I seen another one that is a jar humidor are they any good? Phone Post 3.0

I agree with the others that you don't need to spend a ton on your first humidor, so around £100 should be fine.

Desktop/box humidor is the way to go. Most of the "jar" humidors are air-tight, so there's nowhere for the moisture to go. This can result in mold and cigars that are too moist.

I agree with the rest of the advice regarding distilled water and a good gauge to keep things at 70% humidity.

Subbed Phone Post 3.0

Another route if you plan on buying boxes is a Coolidor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mf7lUmk7w3w

That guy from Cigar Obsession is one of the most respected reviewers out there. 600+ reviews.

Buy cooler, wipe with soapy water, rinse, insert cigars, insert hygrometer, insert Heartfelt beads, done and done.

DrunkenBatman is right on with humidity beads. Easiest way to maintain consistent humidity. I use Heartfelt brand beads but others have good reviews.

For the seasoning, place a wide, shallow dish with distilled water in the humidor. Refill it until no more water is absorbed. Way easier than the wash cloth method. Phone Post 3.0

A friend of mine mad a coolador with a cooler and cat litter. He preferes it over all humidors he has bought.

Thanks for the tips guys it really is appreciated.

Batman it's cgars I always use for buying my cigars. I normally only order one or two and smoke them within the 1st 2 days after they get delivered. That's why I want to get a humidor so I don't have to order them around my fishing trips, that's when I normally smoke them. Thanks for the recommendation on sampler packs that was my next question.

What other sites are good for ordering online? Phone Post 3.0

Also best site for the beads? I'm on my phone just now so can't check all those links yet so apologise if you have posted them. Phone Post 3.0

Just checked you did post the beads. Thanks Phone Post 3.0

Check out HCM Beads. They come preset at 65% humidity and you don't have to add any water unlike heartfelt or kitty litter.