Cintron accepts the BLAF challenge

This is beautiful. Dana and his stupid ego and now he is going to make a complete ass of himself. Cintron KO round 1. Hopefully St Pierre has a front row seat. Karma's a bitch Seano.

The fact Cintron has wreslting experience and the fact he would be training MMA makes him an MMAist IMO.

"with his wrestling background wouldnt he be considered a mixed martial artist though? "

he will rep himself as a boxer to all the casual fans who dont know any better, world class boxer at that, all that really matters.

ttt

"Cintron would not stand a chanceron."

Bahwhahahaha. Regardless of anything else, I pissed myself reading that.

LOL Gotta get to King's Gym tomorrow and talk with Kermit about these quotes.

"He's from my hometown. God what a shithole."

I was there this Spring Break and it's beautiful... Puerto Rico in general. Shame one you. I'm not even Puerto Rican.

Laverne Clark was a very good high school wrestler and insane athelete... He's an exception.
When I rolled with him , I kept thinking, " It would suck to fight this guy"

zawi

"Let him fight Melvin Guillard, Marcus Davis"

The idea is for the boxer to lose. He would have a pretty good chance against either of those guys.

"the boxer w/ wrestling just has to avoid the takedown and let the hands fly .. look at St. Pierre vs. Sherk to see how bad this could be"

Sherk has better boxing and wrestling than GSP... what point are you trying to make?

"Sherk has better boxing and wrestling than GSP... what point are you trying to make?"

Excuse me? Sherk was fed his ass by GSP, completely owned by St Pierre's jab, my ass he has better boxing, and his wrestling isn't better either.

It would likely depend on how much money it would take to get Clintron in the octagon. If he's reasonable with his asking price, and doesn't insist on special rules, Dana might just go for it.

I do expect a boxing champ to enter the UFC within the next couple of years. It's just a matter of time.

'Sherk has better boxing and wrestling than GSP... what point are you trying to make? "

Then how do you explain Sherk being outboxed and outwrestled when they fought?

"Laverne Clark was a very good high school wrestler and insane athelete... He's an exception."

You think Cintron wasn't a very good high school wrestler (offered two scholarships) or insane athlete (world champion boxer) ? I'd say he's an exception too.

"I was there this Spring Break and it's beautiful..."

Reading PA is an awesome spring break destination

I'll restate by initial observation...

Will any reputable sanctioning body sanction this fight w/Kermit not having a single MMA fight?

"Reading PA is an awesome spring break destination"

lol. i was thinking the same thing when he posted that.

cintron would do fine in mma. being a fan of his i wouldn't want him to fight sherk first because he might get his head smashed. but he does have a much better chance than any other boxer i can think of when it comes to fighting a wrestler.

i would love to see sherk turn floyd into a grease spot though.

Kostakio - I was referring to Reading, PA. 

I should've said he was a resident of my hometown.  God what a shithole. 

=)

What does the GSP fight have to do with this. GSP is a HUGE 170, he was much bigger, had a much longer reach and was much stronger than Sherk at 170. This fight would be at 155 where Sherk is about as strong as it gets against someone who normally fights under 155.

These are two completely different fights and have nothing to do with each other. Cintron is a boxer who wrestled years ago, GSP is a training MMA fighter who wrestles every day and has for the past decade at least.

The thing to remember is there never was an open challenge.  There was a specific challenge based on who PBF was and what he said, and PBF pulled a dicktuck.

Diego stole the Correct again..

look at what Clark was able to do, and that guy doesn't have 1/2 the talent or work ethic that Kermit has..