City By-law officer: dog off leash in park

Apparently there is a city by-law officer giving people tickets for dogs off leash, around $200.

Its a large wooded area, i have never seen the guy but he is described like a nazi.

He has ticketed people for letting their dogs in the water, people in the parking lot who's dogs are momentarily off leash in/out of the car.

He isnt a real police officer, just asks people for their info/id and writes them a ticket ... im wondering what he would do if i just said "no thanks" and kept walking, its not like he could arrest anyone. MAYBE he could call the police but by then you are long gone.

Just seems like a cash grab from the city

Anyone have similar run ins?

I could understand if in a city park with lots of people ... but were talking about a very rural area where i see maybe 1-2 people over a 30min walk .... if i really wanted to i can go in the deep woods and not see a soul.

wait you aren't allowed to unleash your dog in the countryside?

damn must be some bored dogs where you live

I would ask him to call an actual police officer to write me a ticket and if he was unwilling that he could stick it up his ass.

I'll keep a heads up for a guy Sieg Heilling around the dog park

there are very few of those guys.

typically they only show up after there have been a bunch of complaints about noise, aggressive dogs, or shit everywhere.

don't give him a hard time....a few dog owners are fucking it up for everybody...odds are after a week or two he'll move on to the next "hot spot" until complaints drive him back.

Ask him if he has a legal right to detain you. If he answers "no" thell him to have a nice day, and GTFO.

^legal authority, rather than legal right

Say that you dont have your wallet and give him your enemies information. That or walk away.

I would seriously tell him to go fuck hiimelf and then let my dog run free right in front of him

Wovito - Ask him if he has a legal right to detain you. If he answers "no" thell him to have a nice day, and GTFO.

i havent come across him yet but thing this is the approach i will adopt in the event of a meeting.

Ive heard stories where he blocked some women from leave the park over the bridge by pulling his truck up tight, not allowing them to pass.

Following people to their car.

Badgering people for their info to write them up.

mglaw - I would seriously tell him to go fuck hiimelf and then let my dog run free right in front of him

im thinking of this one also

borrow a pitbull and have it attack him.

is it an off leash dog park?

M1number1Fan - borrow a pitbull and have it attack him.

Make it a game pit bull.

My town doesn't have an official off leash park. Phone Post

AG_bull - 

anyone with their dog off leash in a leash park is an asshole, that universal truth is seperate from whatever this low level municipal jerkoff is doing

AG_bull - 

anyone with their dog off leash in a leash park is an asshole, that universal truth is seperate from whatever this low level municipal jerkoff is doing

Just guessing here, but I suspect that if you don't take the ticket, he takes your dog to the dog pound, and it costs $200 to get him out.