Civil War was cool but let's be honest (spoilers)

We watched a lot of clunky dialogue and plot build up just to justify one of the coolest fight scenes in cinematic history when all those super heroes squared off at the airport.

That scene was fucking amazing and when Ant Man turned into Giant Man my son and I lost our shit.

But cmon man, movie could have been at least 30 min shorter, if not an hour, and felt forced throughout.

Personally I think plot and dialogue wise the X Men movies have been at the top of the heap for comic movies. And Winter Soldier still has the most overall badass action. Phone Post 3.0

When you said that the xmen movies are top of the heap for dialogue and plot you lost all credibility. But I agree with when he turned to Giant man I got a giant boner. Wish they would've followed the comic better and have them blow up a school but I was very happy with how it turned out. Phone Post 3.0

Ok. Keep us posted on this

Once the DVD comes out, you can edit it down as you see fit and put it on utoob Phone Post 3.0

I disagree. Just watched it for the second time and loved it. My only gripe is that they didn't do Zemo right (but he will likely evolve). I understand why though because it would have had to be about an hour longer to develop a better villain.

So many great battles, Downey brought serious acting chops, perfect amount of comic relief from Antman, Falcon and Spidey.

Spidey was just perfect.

Only other gripe was that it is too bad they killed those other winter soldiers. They could have been amazing villains for another stand alone Cap/Bucky movie. Phone Post 3.0

i'm a big comic book fan, and i heard all the hype about how it wa supposed to be the best comic book movie ever.

it was good but i still like the Avengers movies better.

The Black Panther was awesome, best spiderman so far, but it was just okay to good for me, not great.

canuck34 - I disagree. Just watched it for the second time and loved it. My only gripe is that they didn't do Zemo right (but he will likely evolve). I understand why though because it would have had to be about an hour longer to develop a better villain.

So many great battles, Downey brought serious acting chops, perfect amount of comic relief from Antman, Falcon and Spidey.

Spidey was just perfect.

Only other gripe was that it is too bad they killed those other winter soldiers. They could have been amazing villains for another stand alone Cap/Bucky movie. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed, Zemo such an old villain and they just had him be kinda just like a great planner nothing else. Phone Post 3.0

The whole Zemo plot felt rushed and clunky. The guy just comes out of no where to trick Bucky into going crazy. Would have made more sense to build the characters attributes up prior. Phone Post 3.0

The villain was the worst and there was zero consequence for anything.
Fun movie but not a very good movie. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly! Phone Post 3.0

Why d was spidey a fucken tool? I grew up reading spiderman and he was always clever and quick witted but never a twat like that. Was little disappointed in how they used him Phone Post 3.0

What was vision during that massive fight? I swear he just seemed to disappear for like 5 mins.

Dead President - Why d was spidey a fucken tool? I grew up reading spiderman and he was always clever and quick witted but never a twat like that. Was little disappointed in how they used him Phone Post 3.0
You are pretty much the only guy unhappy with Spidey. Did you miss the part where he says he got his powers 6 months before? Phone Post 3.0

canuck34 -
Dead President - Why d was spidey a fucken tool? I grew up reading spiderman and he was always clever and quick witted but never a twat like that. Was little disappointed in how they used him Phone Post 3.0
You are pretty much the only guy unhappy with Spidey. Did you miss the part where he says he got his powers 6 months before? Phone Post 3.0
I know but even when he first got his powers (comic book and first spiderman movies) his parts were better written. Just my opinion. Phone Post 3.0

Whambo - What was vision during that massive fight? I swear he just seemed to disappear for like 5 mins.
Yah, it was the same with scarlet witch during the last half of the open scene until she threw crossbones into the building.

Writing high powered characters is so much harder than writing street level guys. That's why DC has always had success with batman but never with anyone else.

The more powerful you make someone the harder things are to balance, this movie really made everyone really bland and generic, no one could really do enough damage and everyone was ok with everything they got hit with. Phone Post 3.0

"Personally I think plot and dialogue wise the X Men movies have been at the top of the heap for comic movies."

Phone Post 3.0

Haha sure thing OP. Your completely right on the XMEN movies having better dialogue. And Connors gonna beat Mayweather at boxing too. Phone Post 3.0

Conor McGazelle - "Personally I think plot and dialogue wise the X Men movies have been at the top of the heap for comic movies."

Phone Post 3.0
This. Phone Post 3.0

As someone who's collected Avengers comics since the late 1960s, I also loved when Giant Man appeared. 

Dead President, yes, Spidey was cooler when he was in his own comic. But whenever he encoutered other superheroes in the old days(Cap, Fantastic Four,etc.) he would seem immature and out of place. They would be impressed by his powers, but usually rolled their eyes at his personna. That goes WAY back to Spiderman #1:

My only issue was the title. It should not have been a Cap movie. Just call it Marvel: Civil War.

It was bigger then Cap or anyone one character.

Civil was is overrated. It was ok but its an obvious nerd circle jerk. Phone Post 3.0