CJA NATIONALS MAY 16th

I got a questions. Where the hell is Danny to answer
all these questions and concerns? I mean he posts the
event and then runs for cover? I would pay the $70 but
I hate to show and have only one fight. Not to
mention no no-gi divisions.

Still have no idea where Acton is, and Mapquest still says Toronto was the lone ranger's sidekick...

ttt

I don't think that you have to be a CJA member to compete in this event, however I am pretty sure they will have signups available for those interested.

Acton is about 25min. north on HWY 25 (Milton).It`s held there every year I think because the president of the CJA runs a school there.(convienent)

The Couture event is now the week before this. Hope that helps.

I spoke to Dan this weekend at Sled Dog's event. He explained the no no-gi was due to constraints of being part of the overall event (which has traditional JJ competitions of all sorts). For next year he is working on a separate day for the grappling so there can be both Gi and No-Gi divisions. Sadly for some, there will still be no Kata division, and no 'most whiny' award :)

I don't know about the CJA fee, but even inclusive, it will probably be cheaper than most US events, and for your money you get the priceless reward of supporting Ontario tournaments, and helping them to grow and prosper.

If you're out of province, ie. will be flying there for the weekend, is it still $50 at the door?

With the Couture seminar changing dates, looks like more people should be able to attend to tourney!

Yes it does

"I would pay the $70 but I hate to show and have only one fight. Not to mention no no-gi divisions."

I agree wholeheartedly with Karmarep. That is a ridiculous price for a guaranteed 1 Gi-Match only and a weigh on a scale 10+pds off. I would pay it for a No-Gi division added but the fact that the nationals only have one event so mat space can be reserved for kata's and wristlock forms is silly in my honest opinion.

CJA must need all those funds from Canada's "Grapplers" for their special banquet dinners I guess??

my 2 cents

Greg Compton

It's not $70 for only one fight. It's $35. If you don't want to pre-register, it's $50. Joining the CJA is a separate fee, and something some people have done already, and others will probably do anyway in the future to ensure competition in Ontario.

It's amazing how much energy people are willing to put into bitching and B.S. politics, but how little they are willing to put into actually solving the problems.

(Now I realize why Showdown Joe has no hair left ;)

(And BTW- personally, it is troublesome for me that Ontario tournaments (Joslin's, CJA's) are on Sundays, meaning I have to either drive all night and be a waste the next day, or pay for a hotel and use up a precious vacation day from work (if I can get it), and pay a CJA fee even though I can compete without it in my home province of Quebec (which has a lot of great tournaments already). Yet I went to Joslin's and hope to go to the CJA's, and don't bitch about the above, ad nauseum infinitum, on online chat boards)

ttt

I'm going.

anyone competing 140- or 150-?

142lbs and under.

Anymore info?