Claressa Shields fights MMA tonight!

The top 3 p4p women boxer’s MMA debut.

1 Like

PFL 4: SHIELDS VS. ELKIN START TIME

• Date: Thursday, June 10
  • Main card: 10 p.m. ET/3 a.m. BST
  • Main event: 11:30 p.m. ET/4:30 a.m. BST

The PFL 4: Shields vs. Elkin main card kicks off at 10 p.m. ET/2 a.m. BST on Friday night. Shields and Elkin are expected to make their walks to the cage around 11:30 p.m./4:30 a.m., although that depends on the length of the earlier fights.

PFL 4: SHIELDS VS. ELKIN 4 TV CHANNEL AND LIVE STREAM

PFL 4: The main card of Shields vs. Elkin can be watched on ESPN2 or live streamed via ESPN+ and the prelims are exclusively on ESPN+, starting at 7 p.m. ET.

Nothing says main event like a girl who is 3-6!

4 Likes

Cool. In for details after the fight. What weight is she? How long she been training sprawl defense?

3 Likes

TTT

this event is so under the radar with Bellator and UFC this weekend

1 Like

She has been training with Jackson/Wink, and has become friends with Holly, Jon and Karate Hottie.

1 Like

Opponent. Britney Elkins She is 3-6, but is a grappler.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is a great fight card, lots of prospects, lots of tough ex UFC guys, Bubba Jenkins, Marcin Held… one of the most exciting grapplers in the game…

I saw the mullet in the Diamond photo and thought Mike Pyle was fighting again. I was just about to break out the wings and beers.

2 Likes

I had to break out the Sherdog. Mike Pyle last fought in 2018, capping a contiguous 19 fight UFC career that started in 2009. A few WEC, Strikeforce, EliteXC, Affliction, Sengoku fights before that…

Marcin Held fought in the UFC… after losing three (JLau, Diego) he popped mini-Gastelum’s UFC cherry, and then left for greener pastures. He’s on a four fight win streak.

If you’re an MMA fan and you’re not excited to see Marcin Held fight, sorry, you’re dead inside.

1 Like

I was pretty high on him in Bellator. His UFC run was quite disappointing for me.

Good luck to claressa, also clay collard is must watch tv, dude goes hard

2 Likes

Hope she does well. Will definitely be watching.

I posted this in the other thread:

Multiple weight class world champion and 2x Olympic gold boxer Claressa Shields debuts tonight. She has only been training 7 months with Greg Jackson. She is going against a brown belt in BJJ with multiple MMA fights.

I don’t see Claressa winning this one. 7 months ain’t shit. I think she’ll be taken down and if this chick is a legit brown belt it should be a very short night for Claressa.

I think she is fighting MMA too soon but we’ll see. I hope she can pull it off.

1 Like

I don’t know. Could go either way. The opponent is legit grappler but has never won a fight by sub.

I dont mind shields. She seems alright in interviews. But with the way MMA fighters have been looking in celeb boxing, maybe it would be good for the MMA side to even it up a bit.

Not sure it will happen though.

How is she not going to struggle if it hits the mat? She has 7 months of MMA training. So not even 7 months of BJJ.

Any brown belt worth a shit should easily handle up if it goes to the ground. Claressa is a novice white belt on the ground.

This will come down to her ability to keep it on the feet. She is athletic so maybe it’s possible.

1 Like

Yes, I agree. I just meant when I learned the opponent was skilled, and accomplished, in BJJ I looked at her record to see how many wins she has by sub.

To my surprise 0 in 9 fights. So, no doubt, it is her best past path to victory. But if she does it, then it will be the first submission win of her career.

So, maybe lacking the Damien Maia/Palhares natural killer instinct. Or some other cause for no subs thus far.

And Shields, though not known for her power, will likely connect with solid shots.

Anyway, the whole thing is quite interesting, I must say.

1 Like