Classic UFC Discussion...

First UFC i ever watched (PPV) was Kimo vs. Royce. At that point i heard about it and saw clips of this "Gracie" fellow, but never saw the whole thing.

So there we were, actually rooting for Kimo cause of his Hawaii ties. That fight had us all yelling and getting nuts (Property Mgr. was getting complaints).

So anyway, we were bummed that he lost, and all of us thought he would've won had it not been for that stupid ass ponytail.

Discuss...

damn that ponytail

SUBstitude - First UFC i ever watched (PPV) was Kimo vs. Royce. At that point i heard about it and saw clips of this "Gracie" fellow, but never saw the whole thing.

So anyway, we were bummed that he lost, and all of us thought he would've won had it not been for that stupid ass ponytail.

Discuss...

Or maybe he would've won if Royce didn't have any fingers to grab the ponytail

Roids shoulda juiced for that fight imo.

great fight none the less.. I remember sweatin bullets watching that one.

BMFL - 
SUBstitude - First UFC i ever watched (PPV) was Kimo vs. Royce. At that point i heard about it and saw clips of this "Gracie" fellow, but never saw the whole thing.

Discuss...

Or maybe he would've won if Royce didn't have any fingers to grab the ponytail

ah, okay smartass. >:|

mad tiger - Roids shoulda juiced for that fight imo.

In the immortal words of Frank Mir, "NICE."

headbutts, knee to the groin, hair pulling? what were the rules in the early ufc?

I think in the old school UFC, you used to be able to do whatever you wanted...except for kicking someone in the nuts.

Go ask Jo-San about teh nutshots. Ha!

you couldnt eye gouge, fish hook, and i believe small joint locks were still illegal.

nut shots, soccer kicks, stomps, headbutts, knees to downed opponents head, etc were all allowed.

thanks for the info.
i think i like the current UFC rules better.

Ponytail?

Did you forget Kimo's wrist bands?

Royce gripped those as well.

Ups to Royce for capatalizing on what was available.

*Kicks thread in the nuts and pulls its ponytail

Is it me or does Royce's opponents seem to get his back with hooks in rather easily?

great battle.

i remember in the prefight interview hearing.

'TIME FOR SOME KIMOTHERAPY!!!'

Imagine if Kimo actually knew what he was doing in that fight.

instead of Fierce Fighting?

hiyah!

was big john yelling at helio to get off?

I remember seeing Relson chase Joe Son away after Nutshot boy started talking shit to Helio during the fight.

Also remember a story told by Carlos Valente (I think) that a couple of Brazilian guys went to the bathroom and Nutshot Boy and Kimo were in there. They blocked the doors and told NSB and Kimo to talk shit now. Of course they didn't and said that all that tough guy stuff was just for show.