Closed guard cross grip series (arm drag, sweeps)

Here's a high percentage sweep series I've been using for about 15 years now. It's easy to start using right away:

http://hubpages.com/sports/Closed-Guard-Arm-Drag-Sweep-Series-a-Goatfury-BJJ-Tutorial

Check it out and let me know what you think!

In Phone Post 3.0

Thanks!  I like myself with shorter hair, though.  

ttt

One of my faves, so thanks for posting. Hardest part for me is getting the grips and getting the arm across. It's always a battle, so I have to mix it up with other set ups. Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

le0nidis - One of my faves, so thanks for posting. Hardest part for me is getting the grips and getting the arm across. It's always a battle, so I have to mix it up with other set ups. Phone Post 3.0

100% this.  The struggle is definitely the grip fight.  

goatfury -
le0nidis - One of my faves, so thanks for posting. Hardest part for me is getting the grips and getting the arm across. It's always a battle, so I have to mix it up with other set ups. Phone Post 3.0

Curious. What are some of your go to set ups when you are set on getting the arm across? Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0

Watch Roger Gracie use this in a superfight

In Phone Post 3.0

le0nidis - 
goatfury -

Curious. What are some of your go to set ups when you are set on getting the arm across? Thanks in advance. Phone Post 3.0

I really prefer that "shelf grip" I talk about.  It's not about power as much as it is about sneaky leverage to bring the guy forward.  Hope that makes some semblance of sense.

My favorite position in full guard Phone Post 3.0

goatfury -
le0nidis - 
goatfury -

I really prefer that "shelf grip" I talk about.  It's not about power as much as it is about sneaky leverage to bring the guy forward.  Hope that makes some semblance of sense.

I like this position a lot too. I usually use the kimura grip to break collar grip. I'll initially use it to go for the overhook position and when they resist I'll drag the arm across the body. I'll usually go back and forth and take whichever position is given. Hopefully that makes sense. Phone Post 3.0

goatfury - 

and in the mean time, you don't have much posture control, so I feel a little vulnerable to getting my guard opened esp via the Saulo way where he just turns his shoulders and reaches back.... got to immediately try an arm drag or just go to an open guard like tripod.

Alternatively, the wrist lock (compression style) can set up the arm drag really nicely.

goatfury -

Alternatively, the wrist lock (compression style) can set up the arm drag really nicely.

Sounds interesting are you using both hands behind elbow/tricep on the wrist lock? Phone Post 3.0

Thanks ppl. VU for all. Phone Post 3.0

ohmy23 - 
goatfury -

Sounds interesting are you using both hands behind elbow/tricep on the wrist lock? Phone Post 3.0

Yep, then switching to a no-gi style arm drag.  Very basic, but very effective.

ttt