Closed on our first home yesterday!

Now living the American dream of financial slavery lol. Stoked to get moved in and settled. Any tips out there for a new homeowner?

Phone Post 3.0

Great house! Only thing id say is to try and keep saving money every month even tho its harder with a house! Phone Post 3.0

Holy fuck where is that? Homes like that in the burbs of boston start at 500k... If youre lucky Phone Post 3.0

In for info. Just got our first as well.

Nice house. Phone Post 3.0

pick at least one hobby to give up.

Congrats bro!

Congrats bro. Start a savings for fixing stuff. Just $20 a week. Never know when the water heater goes out or something goes haywire. Phone Post 3.0

myersei - pick at least one hobby to give up.
Lol this is funny. Too bad jiu jitsu is expensive cuz I can't give that up.

House is west of houston for 234k. Appraised at 243. Closing was around 15k including down. FHA loan and will refinance in a couple years to get rid of PMI. Phone Post 3.0

Time to start being thrifty. Hope your handy with some power tools. If not start youtubing. Don't go haywire right away. Something is going to break within the first few months. As others have said, start a oh shit fund right away. Try to only concentrate on things that will approve your homes value. No phuckery and cheap nic-knacks. Congrats and don't sweat the small stuff. Join a diy forum so your not paying someone to do something that you could of done yourself. Phone Post 3.0

We need a DIY sub forum here but that's a great idea. Doubt I'll get as many laughs there though. Phone Post 3.0

The roommate and I at our wedding in May.
Phone Post 3.0

Elbows too pointy :) Phone Post 3.0

microbiologynerd - Elbows too pointy :) Phone Post 3.0
Lol thanks bud! Phone Post 3.0

Nice house! Ugh, I gotta move back to Texas. My wife and I lived right outside Dallas for a year. Even though we only rented, you cannot beat home prices in Texas. Man I miss that cost of living.

Anyone wanna move down there with us? Phone Post 3.0

15k down on a 234k purchase? good lord, that cotton ain't gonna pick itself boy. You better get in that field

You married up. Congratulations!

LogProducer - 15k down on a 234k purchase? good lord, that cotton ain't gonna pick itself boy. You better get in that field
Would have liked to put down more but just had the wedding. Still beats renting. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats bro!!!

I just closed on my first home on July 1st.

Been here a few weeks and I'm fucking loving it.

My advice? Locate the nearest Home Depot or Lowes as you are going to be there all the time LOL.

I haven't had to really fix anything on my house as it was meticulously kept, but I think I've been to HD on average about six times each week since moving in lol. Phone Post 3.0

Congrats on the house and your lovely wife! Is that a plumeria tree in your front yard?

Wifey and I just closed on our first place too. My first home improvement task? Putting a climbing rope on the tree out back!

Nitecrawler - Congrats bro!!!

I just closed on my first home on July 1st.

Been here a few weeks and I'm fucking loving it.

My advice? Locate the nearest Home Depot or Lowes as you are going to be there all the time LOL.

I haven't had to really fix anything on my house as it was meticulously kept, but I think I've been to HD on average about six times each week since moving in lol. Phone Post 3.0
Ha I know the feels. Went to Home Depot yesterday and it felt so different lol. So many projects planned. Phone Post 3.0