CM Punk about to be on sportscenter

Thought some of you would like to know, coming up in a couple minutes

That was pretty lame, he seemed much more uncomfortable on camera than I thought he would. If he can't promo, what good is he? Looked like a man with very little confidence

That's what Conor McGregor said...scared and no confidence. I can't blame the guy though,
He might have bit off more than he can chew, but who knows Phone Post 3.0

He's on there right now. Looks like he dyes his hair to me.

"I'm comfortable on the ground..... I'm confident in my jiu jitsu."

ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - That was pretty lame, he seemed much more uncomfortable on camera than I thought he would. If he can't promo, what good is he? Looked like a man with very little confidence
There is a HUGE problem nobody is addressing.

Punk's promo skills are best when he plays heel.

His big moment wasn't the 2011 pipe bomb but really his ROH work that even birthed him.

Punk's gimmick was, "I'm straight edge and that means I'm better than you".

Fans HATED him and he was the best. Punk is a cocky and arrogant asshole and tapping into that as a heel equaled money.

Punk now is humble Phil Brooks who doesn't want to anger a bunch of fighters and as a result you don't get the mic work you expected.

Punk's promo skills will NEVER be on display unless he starts talking shit or acting heel and neither will happen.

He respects fighters and understands his lack of ability and experience and knows he isn't in a position to talk.

Conor can talk because he has the goods.

Punk cannot talk until he wins a bout. Maybe then you see him become the best taller but until then you are going to see a humble and rather meek guy. Phone Post 3.0

JeffersonDArcyChoke - 
ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun - That was pretty lame, he seemed much more uncomfortable on camera than I thought he would. If he can't promo, what good is he? Looked like a man with very little confidence

His big moment wasn't the 2011 pipe bomb but really his ROH work that even birthed him.

Fans HATED him and he was the best. Punk is a cocky and arrogant asshole and tapping into that as a heel equaled money.

Punk now is humble Phil Brooks who doesn't want to anger a bunch of fighters and as a result you don't get the mic work you expected.

Punk's promo skills will NEVER be on display unless he starts talking shit or acting heel and neither will happen.

He respects fighters and understands his lack of ability and experience and knows he isn't in a position to talk.

Punk cannot talk until he wins a bout. Maybe then you see him become the best taller but until then you are going to see a humble and rather meek guy. Phone Post 3.0

"There is a HUGE problem nobody is addressing."

That's probably because this is an MMA forum, not a pro-wrestling forum, first and foremost.

Here's the video if any blues want to help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbpeC-5S87w

Thanks for the video. Phone Post 3.0

MMA Playwright - He's on there right now. Looks like he dyes his hair to me.

"I'm comfortable on the ground..... I'm confident in my jiu jitsu."
Until he gets punched in the teeth. Then what? Phone Post 3.0

Poor fella gonna get that nose smashed.

lol @ u"f"c

JeffersonDArcyChoke -

One, Punk is not polarizing outside of a pro wrestling setting. We're talking about a pretentious punk rocker who became huge because he's a lot smarter than your average pro wrestling fan. Given his situation, if he acts insincere or disingenuous at all (or plays his fake super confident character) everyone will pick up on it. If he keeps talking like he has been he's going to start sounding like Steven Segal. Pro wrestling is all about glitz, and looking like a warrior, and showing everyone your warrior spirit, without any combative skill involved....that's why this dummy asked to fight Chael, he's not here to be a fighter, he's here because he's a hipster and that'd be a great guy to lose to. He's got the same "I can do anything" mentality that Brock and a lot of dumb pro wrestlers have... but he's not an athlete. He's a 36 year old dude in pretty decent shape that listens too much AFI, walked out on his job when he was secure and now wants the respect of the fighting community.

I never really respected him before because he's pretty clearly that guy. He should've taken a fight outside the UFC out of respect first. Watch his documentary if you want to get a sense of how up his own ass he is. Typical pretentious punk rocker Phone Post 3.0

He needs some Tips from CB Dollaway. Phone Post 3.0

He seems like a nice guy.. everyone is expecting him to cut wwe promos but that's not the real him.. Phone Post 3.0

Still got that "virgin nose" ready to get popped :)

The more I hear him talk, the more I question this whole situation.

Seems like he's not ready at all, it's hard to get excited for this, he thinks he'll get "well rounded" in 6 months or something? that's crazy.

Still got no camp? no training footage and he does look shaken.

Why make all this media instead of training?

Thought it was pretty good for a guy who is just getting started. I've been pretty critical, but hell, let's see what he's got.

in