C'mon Dana - You say u give fans what they want!!!

hendo hasnt earned a title shot

but bisping didnt earn his either

would be great to see hendo ko him again, but its unlikely at this stage. thats why i dont want to see it.

rockhold or weidiman will get that belt back quick

George_Sonnen -

All you fast food fight fans need to get a grip. The only rematch that makes sense is a 3rd Rockhold fight, otherwise it's Weidman or Jacare. Not a 45 year old man, who if it wasn't for a perfectly placed improvised elbow, barely got out of his last fight,  who has gone 3 - 6 in his last 9 fights, who hasn't put 2 wins together since 2011. You are all the problem with MMA matchmaking at the moment and the fast food shit we are being fed like the McGregor vs Diaz rematch. Realty, check yours. 

You made this exact same post in a  few Bisping vs Hendo II threads now.

Vagina,  Check yours.

cfochs -

He is 3-6 in his last 9 fights.  How is that deserving of a title shot?

this is the UFC, since when does that matter ? Phone Post 3.0

If they get it on 200 I'm in Phone Post 3.0

Since when does merit get you a title shot in the UFC ? How many threads have their been begging for Nick to get a shot? Look at Chael he didn't deserve it against Jones. That was Dans spot then he got hurt. Wiedman is hurt Jacare is hurt. Rockhold just got KO'd and should have a 90 day suspension. Either Mike sits on the belt for 6 months or him and Dan get that money. I don't see another plausible scenario here.
What am I missing? Phone Post 3.0

cfochs -

He is 3-6 in his last 9 fights.  How is that deserving of a title shot?

Because he's Hendo you fagbag. Geez I can't deal with the dorks around here sometimes... Phone Post 3.0

mada - The whole mentality that you have to fight the highest ranked opponent every single time is a problem for mma. Tuneup fights exist for a reason. MMA is too much of a shark tank imo. We'd have more stars if guys were built up and managed properly. Instead we have guys 12-0, 14-2, etc. as champs and some being called the best ever. To outside observers it looks silly and makes them think this isn't a skill based sport, but rather just a cage fight.
I have no problem with Bisping fighting Henderson. Bisping should run circles around him at this point and if he can't then he doesn't deserve to be the champ anyway. Phone Post 3.0
"Circle right! Circle right!"

*Bisping circles left...into right hand"

I think he'll circle better now though! Phone Post 3.0

Shy Guy - 
RKing85 - Not interested. Phone Post 3.0
Agreed.

Dan is an all time great but in no way does this fight makes sense, especially considering he is on the fence on his retirement. The MW division is already murky enough. Phone Post 3.0

I can understand if you're not interested because you don't like the fighters, or you think it's a stylistic mismatch, etc.

But because Dan's contemplating retirement? How is that any worse than Weidman and Rockhold continuously pulling out of fights and holding up the division for years?

I'm sure a title shot/run would be more than enough motivation for Dan to hang around another year or two.

Bisping's not going to hold the title long, but Dan isn't either. Let's just do it. This rematch needs to happen. And it's the perfect way to send both guys off to retirement.

It's not like we'd be keeping the belt away from the next McGregor, either. There's no one else who has a compelling story line.

I really don't want to see 45 year old Hendo get KO'd by Bisping. Even if he wins, how long could he hold the belt at his age? 

Isn't hendo currently a free agent?

Hendo vs Carvalho - make it happen Coker!!!! Phone Post 3.0

mix headroom - 

I really don't want to see 45 year old Hendo get KO'd by Bisping. Even if he wins, how long could he hold the belt at his age? 

This is exactly the kind of fight that everyone counts Hendo out of. He's already KO'ed Bisping with the GOAT KO. I think Dan will be just fine.

I don't think anyone's talking about Hendo holding the belt forever, either. How long did Weidman hold it? Rockhold? How long will Bisping hold it? Just give the man his shot and let him retire. It's a storybook ending to a GOAT-like career.

Who else is banging down the door for a title shot? Everyone else either has the injury bug or is under suspension.

Yes please make it happen..! Phone Post 3.0

Seeing Hendo become a UFC champ would be unreal (like Randy all over again). The fact he'd get to do it by knocking Bisping unconscious again would just be a bonus.

#signed Phone Post 3.0

ILoveTeamCyborg - 
DyldoWilly - If someone else got a title shot that was unranked everyone would be screaming bloody murder. Just because its Dan Henderson and he has had an awesome career doesnt mean he should get a title shot coming off one win. He had his gifted shot against Jones and he unfortunately got injured. Phone Post 3.0
"He had his gifted shot against Jones and he unfortunately got injured."

You really are a dildo considering he was on a 4 fight tear including knocking out Babalu, Feijao, and FEDOR before edging Shogun in one of the best mma fights of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, he wasn't gifted anything with that title shot against JBJ. Only time I recall him ever being injured and having to pull out before any of his 46 fights and unfortunately it had to be before this one.

That 4 fight win streak was one of the most impressive there has ever been. Became the Strikeforce LHW champ w/ his devastating KO win over then top 10 Feijao who spun around after the H-bomb and landed face first on the canvas , almost killed Babalu, became the only man to ever KO Fedor, and won Fight of the Year over a legend in Rua, in what was one of the greatest fights ever.

I still remember after Dan's win over Shogun, Dana White being asked who he would fight next. Hendo and Dana have butted heads plenty of times. And still, Dana said something along the lines of: "Based off the streak he is on and that epic win over Rua - Dan Henderson can fight whoever the hell he wants at this point."

Bring on Bisping.

War Hendo! Phone Post 3.0

ttt Phone Post 3.0

Yes Phone Post 3.0

Thingading -
ILoveTeamCyborg - 
DyldoWilly - If someone else got a title shot that was unranked everyone would be screaming bloody murder. Just because its Dan Henderson and he has had an awesome career doesnt mean he should get a title shot coming off one win. He had his gifted shot against Jones and he unfortunately got injured. Phone Post 3.0
"He had his gifted shot against Jones and he unfortunately got injured."

You really are a dildo considering he was on a 4 fight tear including knocking out Babalu, Feijao, and FEDOR before edging Shogun in one of the best mma fights of all time. Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, he wasn't gifted anything with that title shot against JBJ. Only time I recall him ever being injured and having to pull out before any of his 46 fights and unfortunately it had to be before this one.

That 4 fight win streak was one of the most impressive there has ever been. Became the Strikeforce LHW champ w/ his devastating KO win over then top 10 Feijao who spun around after the H-bomb and landed face first on the canvas , almost killed Babalu, became the only man to ever KO Fedor, and won Fight of the Year over a legend in Rua, in what was one of the greatest fights ever.

I still remember after Dan's win over Shogun, Dana White being asked who he would fight next. Hendo and Dana have butted heads plenty of times. And still, Dana said something along the lines of: "Based off the streak he is on and that epic win over Rua - Dan Henderson can fight whoever the hell he wants at this point."

Bring on Bisping.

Okay I agree he earned that shot, "gifted" was abit of an over reach and i apologise for my choice of words. That still doesnt change my stance on him getting a shot now. He had his chance when he earned one and got injured, then a couple more chances to get straight back to a title fight but came up short his next couple of fights.

He is a legend and theres no taking away from what he has done in this sport, but if this was anyone else getting a title shot coming off one win and is unranked you would all be flipping out saying how much bullshit the UFC is. Phone Post 3.0

Same ending and Hendo retires as champ. Phone Post 3.0

ranier wolfcastle -

hendo hasnt earned a title shot

but bisping didnt earn his either

would be great to see hendo ko him again, but its unlikely at this stage. thats why i dont want to see it.

rockhold or weidiman will get that belt back quick

Uhhhh? It's unlikely he'd KO Bisping at this stage in his career? Even though he just stone cold KOd Lombard at this stage in his career?

It's absolutely possible and I would bet on Dan doing it. Phone Post 3.0