CNN Legend:CNN Is "Not A News Network"

https://www.mediaite.com/online/former-cnn-legend-larry-king-cnn-is-not-a-news-network/

Talk show legend and current Ora TV host Larry King said Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC are no longer news networks while on Law & Crime Network today, saying that they are just “Trump networks” instead — referencing the cable news channels’ obsessive coverage of President Donald Trump.

King made the media criticism while discussing CNN’s case against the Trump administration after they pulled Jim Acosta’s press credentials.

“I’m a big supporter of free speech, but on the other hand, there are 50 press passes at CNN to the White House,” King said while on the Abrams Media outlet this morning.

He also praised Fox News for throwing their support behind CNN — to the shock of many — since “you could have another president in three years who throws a Fox reporter out.”

King then continued discussing Acosta and Trump’s beef:

“Jim was a little out of line. I wouldn’t have gone that far, he answered one or two questions then he didn’t want to answer anymore. You got a room full of people all of whom have the right to ask questions. Jim might have gone a little far. The president kept going back to him… To me, you know what this was, eighth grade. It was the playground, ‘That’s my ball and I wanna play today on the team.’ It was childish.”

He advised Acosta to “try to learn as much as you can from” Trump in the press conferences, rather than making the story about himself.

“You’re not bigger than [Trump]. It isn’t about you, it’s about him,” King said. “CNN has become — as is Fox, and MSNBC — Trump networks. There’s the anti-Trump network, the partial anti-Trump network, and the pro-Trump network. But they’re not news networks.”

“A news organization leads the news, it doesn’t follow,” he added.

Watch above, via Law & Crime Network.

CNN, MSNBC, and Fox are editorial channels now.

TheKidAintMine - CNN, MSNBC, and Fox are editorial channels now.

True. But CNN wasn’t supposed to be. 

The OG is the only true pure source of unbiased news left in the whole universe. 

scrapdo -

I don't think any of them were supposed to be 

CNN is the worst because they claim to be centrist and without bias.

At least at Fox you have some anchors that are at times against Trump whereas CNN and MSNBC is non stop Trump bashing and working as propaganda outlets for the Democrats.

TexDeuce - 

At least at Fox you have some anchors that are at times against Trump whereas CNN and MSNBC is non stop Trump bashing and working as propaganda outlets for the Democrats.

I would take that a step further and say that fox has been quite good lately. You get some good arguments between never trump republicans, constitutional conservatives, and democrats. Leftists have been programmed to fear fox, but they are killing it as far as ratings go.

Psh, so are the free networks 

TexDeuce - 

Exactly. WTH happened? I’m glad their ratings took a nose dive too. They use to be THE reference for news, mostly because they were the first 24 hour news channel. They are just a parody now.

It’s sad for DEMOCRACY

King is exactly right.

Sprawl'n'Stall -
TexDeuce - 

Exactly. WTH happened? I’m glad their ratings took a nose dive too. They use to be THE reference for news, mostly because they were the first 24 hour news channel. They are just a parody now.

It’s sad for DEMOCRACY

I used to have CNN as my home page. Somewhere along the line I started noticing an obsession with race and a SJW tilt to the articles. 

Then I noticed the articles taking an anti right wing biased.

Slowly over time it morphed into a pure propaganda outlet for the DNC. 

Now with Trump in office they have blown a gasket and totally jumped the shark.

Akkadian88 -

Which one is the partial anti-Trump network?

sparkyman - King is exactly right.
sicko -
scrapdo -

I don't think any of them were supposed to be 

CNN was when I was a kid. Sure they had their slant, but they reported actual news, not Trump's two scoops of ice cream.

Oh and BTW...

ANYONE stating that Fox is pro-Trump is speaking from their asshole while stuck in the W Bush era. They are definitively not pro-Trump.

Conservatives are constantly doing this.

They don’t care what anyone in the media or Hollywood says about Trump or any of their heroes because they’re all fairy leftist idiots… until someone famous finally says something they like, then they cheerlead it harder than any liberal I’ve ever seen.

Is there some reason to care about Larry King saying this? When was he an expert on journalism, or on anything at all? The guy thought Seinfeld was cancelled! He has no idea what’s going on.

Sam Donaldson, a legend in white house reporting and media matters, thinks Acosta was just doing his job and this entire thing is another fabricated crisis from the WH. He even wrote an affidavit for the suit CNN filed, that’s how much of a respected expert on the issue he is.

Weird that it wasn’t posted on the OG and applauded by the same Trumptards that defecate in every political thread on the OG. Super weird.

you cant be activist and call yourself news media 

mdmrules - Conservatives are constantly doing this.

They don’t care what anyone in the media or Hollywood says about Trump or any of their heroes because they’re all fairy leftist idiots… until someone famous finally says something they like, then they cheerlead it harder than any liberal I’ve ever seen.

Is there some reason to care about Larry King saying this? When was he an expert on journalism, or on anything at all? The guy thought Seinfeld was cancelled! He has no idea what’s going on.

Sam Donaldson, a legend in white house reporting and media matters, thinks Acosta was just doing his job and this entire thing is another fabricated crisis from the WH. He even wrote an affidavit for the suit CNN filed, that’s how much of a respected expert on the issue he is.

Weird that it wasn’t posted on the OG and applauded by the same Trumptards that defecate in every political thread on the OG. Super weird.

Media matters looooool

They are all bad now… but Larry also has an axe to grind…