Coach hype

Man, all last year all we heard about was John Gruden, how he's the best coach ever and all that bullshit, now all we hear is Billicheck, who he's the best coack ever and all that, let me make this clear, half the coaches in the NFL could win a superbowl, it's all about the right personel and the right system, not just coaching, they aren't out there playing and can't win the game for you. Billicheck (sp?) din't pick off 3 balls to get the Pats to the big game, Ty Law did, no coach could ever plan for that. It's all about the right roster at the right year.

"it's all about the right personel and the right system"

who do you think put in the system and personel? it was coach bel.

and you are right, it is the players who do it, but they have to play for their coach...how many teams have great players that dont show up cause their coaches cant control them???

coach bel. instituted not only a football system, but also character system on this team and each and every player believes in the system....that is a function of the coach

you are also right in saying that any coach can win every year, but what makes coach bel. so special is how he won this year...with all of the injuries, after cutting milloy...

he is the man

Belichick has done it twice as HC, and twice as coordinator.

"Billicheck (sp?) din't pick off 3 balls to get the Pats to the big game, Ty Law did, no coach could ever plan for that. "

True. But you can make a plan that gives you the best chance for something like that to happen. And that is what Belichick has done.

Gruden is a good coach. But his coaching job in the SB was overhyped because he had inside info on the Raiders. But he's still a good coach.

asdf: Very very very good point. In Oakland he had great players and was able to motivate them. In TB he was playing against a weaker conference and able to get into the superbowl where he knew exactly what the other team was going to do. Lets see how he does now that he will be building that team with the players that he wants.

The general manager has more to do with putting a roster together than coaches. Basically, a different team wins the superbowl every year, can we quit the bullshit about the coaches?

since the pats have now won 2 in 3 years does that put them in a different category?

if you knew anything about the pats system, you would understand how much coach bel. means to it

i agree, most boston fans are unnerving...

by system i was referring not only to the game plans, but also to the drafting system, salary cap etc...

the whole package

NFL is a coaches game now. The coach determines the practice routine, the drills, the schemes, the schedule ... everything a player does for the whole season. The coaches brain shapes the entire team. It is important to have good players but if put average players in situations that maximize their skills and allow them to make plays, they can be good players.

Belichick is the real deal. Vermeil's teams always turn into offensive juggernauts that create turnovers on defense. Gruden's teams start out the same way and then get stale on defense. Etc, etc.

got it, so every year a new team will win the superbowl so we gotta hype the coach of the year every year. Just like MMA.

isn't drafting and salary cap stuff more of what a GM does.

"isn't drafting and salary cap stuff more of what a GM does.
"

that depends on the team and who is in charge...most teams have gms that are put in place by the coaching staff

and it isnt just this year that coach bell. has been hyped...its just the first time that you have heard it

also the coach is incredibly important, so yes, he will be as hyped as any player on the field

"that depends on the team and who is in charge...most teams have gms that are put in place by the coaching staff"

I know of no GM who is hired by a coach. The GM is the coach's boss in every case I know of. Do you know something different?

Usually the owner hires a team president. The president hires a GM & the GM hires a coach.

i missoke...i was referring to the directors of player personell

as an example i use the patriots...

coach bel. is the coach and essentially the GM, all final team decisions go through him, scott pioli does a great deal of the other GM duties, but everything is put by bel in the end