Coach John Kavanagh Puts the Cal on "Broke" UFC

i guess times hard at @ufc just messaged me to say they cant collect me from airport so need to make my own way to hotel. even though i've a @UltimateFighter finalist and undercard guy on friday. also paid for my own flight/hotel as they only cover 1 warm up each #prayforUFC

— Coach Kavanagh (@John_Kavanagh) July 2, 2018

Awww boo fucking hoo you have to make your own way from the airport. Welcome to the real world.

IDK, maybe take the $20 for an uber to the hotel out of the $100 million plus the UFC made your boy Conor?

bah edit

Kind of lame John went abouy that in such a way. Pray for the UFC? Classy.

I work for a small publishing company who paid to fly me into head office a couple weeks ago, covered my cab from the airport, 3 nights at a nice hotel, and the same home. I returned to my office feeling like I wanted to smash the ball out of the park for these guys, and ended up closing out my best month in three years. There is really no excuse for that kind of penny pinching from a billion dollar company, the the growing disgruntlement is going to eventually do some lasting damage.

We need to pray just to make it today, I say we pray, PRAY~

FatBuddha - IDK, maybe take the $20 for an uber to the hotel out of the $100 million plus the UFC made your boy Conor?

conor is Irish, they are cheapskates

John thinking he should get Conor treatment without Conor…

I’m indifferent.

I doubt calling them out on social media will improve the circumstance 

https://i.imgur.com/j5hijhA.jpg

Not something to put out in public when you are a character of that caliber.

He's about right. UFC has entered terminal velocity.

Target_the_Gash -
sgotwalks -

I work for a small publishing company who paid to fly me into head office a couple weeks ago, covered my cab from the airport, 3 nights at a nice hotel, and the same home. I returned to my office feeling like I wanted to smash the ball out of the park for these guys, and ended up closing out my best month in three years. There is really no excuse for that kind of penny pinching from a billion dollar company, the the growing disgruntlement is going to eventually do some lasting damage.

Exactly this.

It's not like Cavanaugh flew in to Vegas on vacay after his schedule opened up to do a little gambling and bang some hookers, he is there for work. Pretty common to get comped for work related expenses incurred in the course of doing business especially when the expenses would be so big. I also think he is dismayed because this is a recent development.

The UFC just posted record profits for 2017 yet they are continuing to enforce an austerity doctrine as they try to 'trim the fat' from their operations, water down the product, and increase prices across the board. It's a bad look and something I believe is going to bite them in the ass in the not so distant future.

I don't blame Cavanaugh for having a little joke at their expense, they're a bunch of greedy cunts.

You make valid points, but he's not an employee or even an independent contractor.

Nonetheless, it's shitty.

Not surprised UFC is cheap 

Vielhammer - 
Target_the_Gash -
sgotwalks -

Exactly this.

It's not like Cavanaugh flew in to Vegas on vacay after his schedule opened up to do a little gambling and bang some hookers, he is there for work. Pretty common to get comped for work related expenses incurred in the course of doing business especially when the expenses would be so big. I also think he is dismayed because this is a recent development.

The UFC just posted record profits for 2017 yet they are continuing to enforce an austerity doctrine as they try to 'trim the fat' from their operations, water down the product, and increase prices across the board. It's a bad look and something I believe is going to bite them in the ass in the not so distant future.

I don't blame Cavanaugh for having a little joke at their expense, they're a bunch of greedy cunts.

You make valid points, but he's not an employee or even an independent contractor.

Nonetheless, it's shitty.

Yeah, I assume as a matter of principle they expect their actual employees to pay for their camps (coaches, sparring partners, etc.) out of the money they pay their employees. With what Conor has gotten paid by the UFC, it definitely shouldn’t be a problem for Kavannah. Sense of victimhood is a little much.

Cheap ass UFC.  It’s gonna be their downfall.  It was one thing when the old fighters who couldn’t challenge for a title were going to Bellator. It’s a whole different ballgame when guys like Rory and Moose leave. 

They need t get their shit together before Conor or Max  leaves them. 

sgotwalks -

Well, you could start with the fact that he doesn’t work for the UFC, nor is he a contracted fighter.

Attention whore.

If they told me they were collecting me from the airport and then called me and said fuck off get your own ride is at least take the piss out of then a bit on Twitter.