Coach John Kavanagh Puts the Cal on "Broke" UFC

They should give him 50% Reebok vouchers.

Homeboy is too used to the Mac Lyfe, cant go back to do peons things like catching a taxi

Isn’t it the UFC’s policy to only cover flights and hotels for the fighter + one corner person? Sounds like his fighters brought in more than 1 corner each and the rest have to pay their own way. Although I’m surprised Kavanaugh isn’t a corner. But who knows, Kavanaugh’s tweet isn’t clear on that point.

And also did his fighters have to make their own way to the hotel as well? On every UFC embedded, they always get rides from the airport to the hotel.

BTW I’m not arguing that the UFC’s policy makes sense, just trying to understand what Kavanaugh’s complaint is about.

Kind of bitchy from Kavanagh to put it out there like that. He seems a bit of an attention whore.

deleted; wrong thread

Insufferable not a fighter prick

BruiserBrody -
sgotwalks -

I work for a small publishing company who paid to fly me into head office a couple weeks ago, covered my cab from the airport, 3 nights at a nice hotel, and the same home. I returned to my office feeling like I wanted to smash the ball out of the park for these guys, and ended up closing out my best month in three years. There is really no excuse for that kind of penny pinching from a billion dollar company, the the growing disgruntlement is going to eventually do some lasting damage.

Well, you could start with the fact that he doesn’t work for the UFC, nor is he a contracted fighter.

You're right. I was looking at this as though he was a fighter.

Morpheus1976 -
FatBuddha - IDK, maybe take the $20 for an uber to the hotel out of the $100 million plus the UFC made your boy Conor?

conor is Irish, they are cheapskates

Hahah

You're dutch right? 

Hahaha, you and a few of the retards around here keep me coming back, your unintentional comedy is quality, don't ever change.

Well maybe you could drop the pedophilic tendencies.

NicolasRGC - Kind of bitchy from Kavanagh to put it out there like that. He seems a bit of an attention whore.

Is there another coach who jumps on top of the cage to celebrate with his fighters? Is there another coach who directly shit talks other fighters on social media?

sgotwalks -

I work for a small publishing company who paid to fly me into head office a couple weeks ago, covered my cab from the airport, 3 nights at a nice hotel, and the same home. I returned to my office feeling like I wanted to smash the ball out of the park for these guys, and ended up closing out my best month in three years. There is really no excuse for that kind of penny pinching from a billion dollar company, the the growing disgruntlement is going to eventually do some lasting damage.

He doesn't work for the UFC. 

Guess his fighter decided the other corner man was more imp.

Damn immigrants always have their hands out

Target_the_Gash -
sgotwalks -

Exactly this.

It's not like Cavanaugh flew in to Vegas on vacay after his schedule opened up to do a little gambling and bang some hookers, he is there for work. Pretty common to get comped for work related expenses incurred in the course of doing business especially when the expenses would be so big. I also think he is dismayed because this is a recent development.

The UFC just posted record profits for 2017 yet they are continuing to enforce an austerity doctrine as they try to 'trim the fat' from their operations, water down the product, and increase prices across the board. It's a bad look and something I believe is going to bite them in the ass in the not so distant future.

I don't blame Cavanaugh for having a little joke at their expense, they're a bunch of greedy cunts.

Kavanaugh, kid.

Never_rolled -

Ahhh he has that Clark Kent guy in the finals. Nice guy but I don't think he is going to win.

Not sure why you would think that, he's easily been the best featherweight this season.

sgotwalks - 

100% agreed.

This isn't just for UFC but any business.  I was really impressed when I heard about Google's work environment and how they did studies which produced more productive employees.  Basically you pay and treat the employees great so that they feel obligated to work hard, and most people do.

Look at this situation.  Jon isn't getting treated well and he's not going out of his way to make UFC look good.

D241 -
sgotwalks - 

100% agreed.

This isn't just for UFC but any business.  I was really impressed when I heard about Google's work environment and how they did studies which produced more productive employees.  Basically you pay and treat the employees great so that they feel obligated to work hard, and most people do.

Look at this situation.  Jon isn't getting treated well and he's not going out of his way to make UFC look good.

you said it right, employee, which he isn't

Suicidalforlife -
Morpheus1976 -
FatBuddha - IDK, maybe take the $20 for an uber to the hotel out of the $100 million plus the UFC made your boy Conor?

conor is Irish, they are cheapskates

Hahah

You're dutch right? 

Hahaha, you and a few of the retards around here keep me coming back, your unintentional comedy is quality, don't ever change.

Well maybe you could drop the pedophilic tendencies.

nice username, never lose it.

John will get no love from conservatives lol. Your name is not Conor, try and remember that.

So this is just a theory since I have no source. But, I think it’s less about money and more about corporate bureaucracy. He was literally not allowed into the car picking up his fighter from the airport with whom he shared a flight, because his name was not on the manifest, even though there was room. 

sgotwalks -

Engagement is the key to a successful corporation. Your reaction to your company’s treatment of you is proof of this. 

Many organizations seem to be forgetting about this, it’s shameful. 

Yeah it looks cheap but at the same time he's not employed by the UFC or under contract like a fighter.

Seems a bit of a Diva move on his part did other coaches get better treatment ?