Cobain suicide / murder, physically impossible?

I know its been hashed over, and over, and over.

but... I grew up in the same home town, have always been influenced by his music, and have always had a curiousity about the case.

Kurt was 5'7" according to most counts, 5'8" according to his drivers license.

Giving the license credit, he was 68 inches long, the Remington Model 11 he used was 4 feet long?

Would be impossible to sit next to the cabinet he was found near, put the barrel in his mouth, and pull the trigger. Would've had to use a toe, but his shoes were on....

Thoughts? On just this, not the other conspiracies....

I can't form an opinion until EY chimes in.

Later. Phone Post 3.0

nsbm - I heard them say that at the scene, the shell was found on the opposite side of his body that it should've been considering the shotgun's ejector port.

My biggest beef is that I've never heard of someone that high on opiates killing themselves while high. Not necessarily because of incapacitation, but rather the state of mind a person is in when that high on an opiate is not really one you would associate with despair and suicidal thoughts.

The devil is in the details, IMO.

I've NEVER heard of a junky taking the time to cap his needle, and put all his drug stuff away after taking a hit like that. But the cap was on his needle, and everything was all put away. Seems weird.

TryhardNobody - Well idk how anyone can argue w that retarded mess in the OP. Case closed

Thank you sir.

This one just doesn't make sense.

Shotgun was 4' from end to end. It's like 2.5' trigger to muzzle. Completely normal. Phone Post 3.0

Freaky_Hibiki - Shotgun was 4' from end to end. It's like 2.5' trigger to muzzle. Completely normal. Phone Post 3.0

Barrel in his mouth, though...

You think if he stuck his arm out, he had 30+ inches of arm length sticking out past his face?

Seems like a stretch.

That aside, the 4 foot length of the gun wouldn't have fit between his mouth and the cabinet he was "sitting in front of". (even at an angle)

Kurt likely didnt get high from the herion but just felt the easing of withdrawal symptoms after a hit.<br /><br />perhaps that shotgun shell ricocheted off a wall or furniture after ejecting and landed opposite where it was expected?<br /><br />where there's a will there's a way. perhaps even with shoes on he was able to use his foot to engage the trigger?<br /><br />he was also able to cap and arrange his heroin kit and driver license before erasing his head with that shotgun, even with a big shot of junk in his system.

edited misspelled word

12SixElbow -
nsbm - I heard them say that at the scene, the shell was found on the opposite side of his body that it should've been considering the shotgun's ejector port.

My biggest beef is that I've never heard of someone that high on opiates killing themselves while high. Not necessarily because of incapacitation, but rather the state of mind a person is in when that high on an opiate is not really one you would associate with despair and suicidal thoughts.

I've NEVER heard of a junky taking the time to cap his needle, and put all his drug stuff away after taking a hit like that. But the cap was on his needle, and everything was all put away. Seems weird.

Could have been a ritual, almost like the finality of it/capping it was symbolically the end for him.

Who knows what went through his mind at those final moments, besides a shotgun slug of course. :-) Phone Post 3.0

Yeah, the whole shotgun might be 4 feet, but the barrel was almost certainly 28 inches or less.

OJ did it.

ccap39 - Yeah, the whole shotgun might be 4 feet, but the barrel was almost certainly 28 inches or less.

You think if he stuck his arm out, he had 30+ inches of arm length sticking out past his face?

Seems like a stretch.

I'm going to get bored this week, cutout a cardboard diagram of that shotgun, and force my girlfriend to pretend she's Kurt. 

Nitecrawler - 
12SixElbow -

Could have been a ritual, almost like the finality of it/capping it was symbolically the end for him.

Who knows what went through his mind at those final moments, besides a shotgun slug of course. :-) Phone Post 3.0

At the dose level, would've been physically impossible according to Dr's who've commented on it.

12SixElbow -
ccap39 - Yeah, the whole shotgun might be 4 feet, but the barrel was almost certainly 28 inches or less.

Seems like a stretch.

I'm going to get bored this week, cutout a cardboard diagram of that shotgun, and force my girlfriend to pretend she's Kurt. 

If you were a true OGer you could run the same experiment with your girl and your junk. Phone Post 3.0

I thought the shotgun would have to be shot with his toe with the distance between the trigger, the barrel, and his mouth. So, if he did shoot the gun with his toe, crazy how he was found with his shoes on.

Courtney rushed to have his body cremated as well. And most accounts I have read claims he had 3-4 times the lethal dose of heroin and it would only take a matter of seconds for him to go unconscious.

Crazy stuff for sure. Courtney got away with whatever shit she was pulling behind the scenes. Nirvana was never one of my top bands but I do still listen to them every so often. They were definitely on the Mount Rushmore of the grunge scene.

RIP Kurt Phone Post 3.0

12SixElbow -
Nitecrawler - 
12SixElbow -

At the dose level, would've been physically impossible according to Dr's who've commented on it.

Dude had a ridiculous tolerance.

I've seen some junkies do some pretty impressive shit while fading in and out of a full on nod.

For doctors to say it was "Impossible" tells me that doc might not have treated a lot of junkies. Phone Post 3.0

Watching Montage of Heck right now actually

He was 68 inches long?!?!? I think he went into the wrong line of work. Phone Post 3.0

Well the private investigator that Courtney hired to "find" him definitely thinks it was murder. You need to watch Soaked in Bleach. Phone Post 3.0