Cobain suicide / murder, physically impossible?

. Phone Post 3.0

. Phone Post 3.0

The suicide is absolutely suspect in a lot of ways.

I can speak on the subject of opiate tolerances though as a former addict.

When doctors talk about lethal dosages they are referring to the LD50 of a certain drug which means that in lab experiments 50% of a certain population of mice died when given X amount of a particular drug. They take those results and scale them up to what it would be in an average sized human with no tolerance.

For example the LD50 for OxyContin is thought to be around 50mg in humans. On many occasions I would ingest 240mg while in the depths of my addiction and would never even come close to losing consciousness.

So you kind of have to take the whole "he should have been dead from the dope" thing with a grain of salt. Phone Post 3.0

the documentaries i saw definately made it look like courtney hired someone to kill him and make it look like a suicide

1 creep said she offered him the job. then he wound up dead himself after saying so in the film

When face with the prospect of having sex with Courtney Love just ONE MORE TIME, Kurt Cobain took the easy way out.

Someone link a GD documentary! Phone Post 3.0

southcraw - Someone link a GD documentary! Phone Post 3.0

http://www.brendanhunt.com/uploads/6/3/4/2/6342789/kurt_cobain_-_murdered_first_edition_pdf.pdf

Tom Grant's case files:

http://www.brendanhunt.com/uploads/6/3/4/2/6342789/tom_grants_cobain_case_files.zip

The Loge - The suicide is absolutely suspect in a lot of ways.

When doctors talk about lethal dosages they are referring to the LD50 of a certain drug which means that in lab experiments 50% of a certain population of mice died when given X amount of a particular drug. They take those results and scale them up to what it would be in an average sized human with no tolerance.

For example the LD50 for OxyContin is thought to be around 50mg in humans. On many occasions I would ingest 240mg while in the depths of my addiction and would never even come close to losing consciousness.

So you kind of have to take the whole "he should have been dead from the dope" thing with a grain of salt. Phone Post 3.0

That's true.

and goddamn, 250mg at once?!? I've heard of people popping an 80mg oxy, but 240? Thats deep.

The Documentary Soaked in Bleach goes into the Cobain death in pretty good detail.

phydeau - When face with the prospect of having sex with Courtney Love just ONE MORE TIME, Kurt Cobain took the easy way out.
There can't be any way that piece of shit skank wasn't involved with it. Phone Post 3.0

regardless of what anyone believes happened that day, I think we can all agree that it was a poor investigation which included many errors & a ton of minsinformation spread by detective YOSHIDA.

Trust - 

Who says the shotgun was 4 feet long? Just because Remington made a Model 11 that length doesn't mean that was the only length they made.  It's pretty common for a given model shotgun to be sold with several different barrel lengths.  Has the length been verified or is it an assumption?  

You can see the official photos of the actual shotgun online in various places.

12SixElbow - 
nsbm - I heard them say that at the scene, the shell was found on the opposite side of his body that it should've been considering the shotgun's ejector port.

My biggest beef is that I've never heard of someone that high on opiates killing themselves while high. Not necessarily because of incapacitation, but rather the state of mind a person is in when that high on an opiate is not really one you would associate with despair and suicidal thoughts.

The devil is in the details, IMO.

I've NEVER heard of a junky taking the time to cap his needle, and put all his drug stuff away after taking a hit like that. But the cap was on his needle, and everything was all put away. Seems weird.

I have. They cap it before they shoot. So he would have done so relatively sober.  A lot of people who shoot are organized with their "kit". It's not uncommon that people will do things like putting away their kit before hand because they know once their high, they won't.

The Loge - The suicide is absolutely suspect in a lot of ways.

Hmmmm. Never knew. Good post Phone Post 3.0

In Phone Post 3.0

I always thought it seemed a bit weird his death just had that vibe to it interesting piece of work with the diagrams. Phone Post 3.0

The Loge - The suicide is absolutely suspect in a lot of ways.

They talked to a bunch of toxicologists in the book "Love and Death" and they said that even for an addict with an addiction of Kurts level, he would have been unconcious nearly immediately.  And probably not coordinated enough to handle a firearm even if he was concious.

Bunch of mishandled stuff by the cops, weird coincedences within the coroners office with Courtney Love, very odd circumstances involving other peoples deaths, like Kirsten Pfaff and that weird fat guy that said Courtney offered him money to kill Kurt who then ended up getting hit by a train like a day or two after an interview he gave with some BBC guy.  Lots of weird shit going on with this case.  But because he had prior history of suicide attempts, noone will ever believe anything nefarious happened. 

Love and Death is probably the most comprehensive review of the case from a standpoint of evidence leaning towards him being murdered instead of committing suicide.