COBAN in Boston (seminar)

Saturday May 1st,Check Out
http://www.bostonmuaythai.com/

for all the details.

Bluenamer help me out?....
http://www.singto.co.uk/Legends/Coban.jpg

After a sensational career spanning 23 years and over 270 professional fights, Muay Thai superstar Coban Lookchaomaesaitong of Thailand has officially retired and successfully made the transition from fighter to trainer.
"I am happy training my students. I love them very much," says Coban who holds his Muay Thai camp In New York. A seven time world champion, Coban states that his primary goals are to teach authentic Muay Thai techniques and have a positive impact on the personal lives on his students. Students begin each training session by jumping rope. Push-ups, sit-ups, leg raises, back extensions, stretching, and exercises involving running and plyometrics follow. The transition is then made into shadowboxing, pad work, and sparring.

After beginning his training at the young age of 11, Coban soared through the professional fighter rankings. He won his first world title at the age of 19 in 1985 at Lumpinee Stadium. In 1991, the Thai fighter captured three world titles at the age of 24; his second at Lumpinee Stadium; his third in The Netherlands; and is fourth in France. After moving to California in 1994, he attained three more world titles.

Coban's final bout came recently in September 2000. After taking a three year layoff from competition, Coban headlined the inaugural Warriors Cup of America card at the UCI Bren Events Center in Irvine, California where he faced former student and reigning I.S.K.A. World Super Lightweight and I.K.F. World Junior Welterweight Muay Thai champion Danny Steele of Los Angeles, California. Landing multiple punch combinations and bone crushing shin kicks to the body of his opponent, the veteran Thai warrior defeated Steele by split decision and became the Warriors Cup champion.

Coban is an awesome instructor. I trained with him for awhile before
he moved upstate. I am looking at having him do a seminar with us at
the Renzo Academy in the next month or so. If you are in the area of
Boston, don't miss out. He is an awesome guy and incredibly friendly!
I'm glad to call him my old instructor and friend!

Lynn

Renzo Gracie Association/ECJJF

TTT

ttt

ttt for Coban!

ttt

ttt

ttt