Cobourg BJJ BB?

I heard about this in class today.

Zac is one of my up-and-coming Blue Belts. He is a dedicated and loyal student and makes the trek from Cobourg to Toronto 2-3x/week to come train with me. He and I both know that he passes by several other gyms on his way to Toronto. But he's happy with our team and making great progress training with us, and has found something that he hasn't found anywhere else (with all respect to any other gym). He wanted to start a satellite training group for Lin Martial Arts in Cobourg.

He's a humble and unassuming guy, but if you roll with him you'll see what a Blue Belt under me means - on the mats, he's a force to be reckoned with for anybody.

Steve Lin - BJJ Black Belt - Lin Martial Arts/BTT-Canada

cool man, much respect for someone committed to make that kind of commute. that kind of deep commitment is clearly a reflection of quality instruction at your school.

Hey Steve, can you shoot me an email when you get a chance? Thanks

Mark@ronin-mma.com

Keith - Its seems odd that with all the alarm bells going off you were still 15 min Late - I have only known Zak for a short time, but know that he trains hard and as a strong desire to see the sport grow. He is not without skills and has a good personality. I work in and live just ouside Cobourg. I am sorry he has decided not to continue. This town is full of many 18-30 year old guys who dont know what to do with themselves. If he does decide to contiue and you are interested, showing up on time and without all that negativity might help.

hahaha buddy,

i introduced myself to zach yesterday at the westend rumble. i watch parts of his matches when i could, the guys got obvious skill, and even earned a medal i believe. you can't knock that. after talking to zach, you know this guys a cool cat.

as for being late,

1) as was previously mentioned, i am indian, and run on "indian time"

2) the guy i asked on the phone said the class started "sometime around 8ish"

3) the website actually shows the class starting at 8:15

4) i had to wait for my brother to get off work (8pm) before i left, so see how long it takes to drive from alderville to cobourg. (30min drive)

as for my negativity:

i created this thread to find out the truth. to ask if anyone knew anything about what was going on. if anyone could clear up rumours, because there were alot of uneducated people who weren't from the grappling community (or new to it) telling me pretty wild things. as i have learned all the facts, i can see how things had become embellished, and confused. if you're from cobourg, you know that just like everywhere else, UFC is exploding and experiencing evergrowing popularity. it is not without precedence to have people mascarading as something they are not. the popularity of UFC provides an opportunity for these types of people to make a mockary of the hard work and determination it takes to get a BB as well as the sport itself. it was my intention to find out if the rumours were true and that there was indeed a legit BB in cobourg(as i was told there was).

that being said. Zach never told anyone he was a BB, he trains at lin/BTT not ATT like i had been told. its not hard for people to change a story enough to distort its meaning (ever played broken telelphone?)

zach is NOT one of the aforementioned leeches that take advantage of people who don't know whats going on. he, as was stated earlier, is a very humble and unassuming guy who trains hard. much respect.

alot of this would have been cleared up earlier if i got to talk to him before yesterday. its not like i started this thread just to poke fun at it and have gumby dojo storm (which the very thought of is hilarious). i legitimatly wanted to know. i introduced myself to him, apologized for the misunderstanding, talked about his 7 month old baby (congrats bro) and wished him luck and thats that ya know.

what else is there to say? i was wrong in my assumption (which is why we never "ass u me" i guess :p and Zach will have a nuthugger outa me, although i doubt he has time for this useless forum and won't know it :p

Keith Glad you met Zak. If you are looking to train on Wednesday.I drive into Bruckmanns 3-5 time a week and can give you a lift any time. All kinds of guys of all differant shapes sizes and skill levels somthing for everyone. I live in Castleton so its no problem if you want to tag along and check it out. Mike @ 905 344 7390

All I know is myself and Horn are banned from Goodlife for the next year.

Thanks alot.

;)

What are the chances of you going to Goodlife in the next year anyways? There's no couch-fu classes.

"Paul Starks, across from the LCBO "
Bruckmanns is beside the BEER STORE if that make you feel more comfortable about coming out to train there on your days off from Starks

JHR - All I know is myself and Horn are banned from Goodlife for the next year.
quote]

just the boxfit class i hope? it'd be a damn shame to miss out on the rpm cycling class. i hear it really firms up those buns!

REMTimeBlue - Bruckmanns is beside the BEER STORE

hahahaha OH GEEZ, between training and fighting off stereotypes, i'll have no time to myself haha.

i actually think i'm gonna starting going to the sister club of pauls though, so that'll eat up nicely the last of my money i had put away. :( dammit all.
(this is what i get for having a rez job that didn't pay into EI. :p )

appreciate the offer bro, but i think i have to head up to belleville and scope the rez rats up that way before i start going west :p

i think i just failed at the internet ^^ how the hell did i qoute myself as i was posting it? thats talent right there!