Cockhold: Khabib's the only LW I'm not toying with

1 Like

I couldn't find the original vid without voice-over so unless you can't hear what he's saying here's the reverse translation

"I think the fight will go as Habib wants. Dustin is tough, I will give him his due, but Porrier had problems with rivals such as Eddie Alvarez. But Habib is not Eddie Alvarez.

There is no one in Habib's division who can resist him. In training, not a single lightweight ever gave me a hard fight. Except for Habib.

I have to give all my best to work with Habib. With the rest of the lightweights, I am toying, even with the top ones. So Habib is a completely different level. He is just a beast. "

1 Like

Impressive Russian from Luke

3 Likes

On a side note, is it me or Luke's looking older?

2 Likes
touch -

Well you can't stay 20 forever. 

Spunkchops -
touch -

Agreed but he still had that pretty boy looks just recently but here it seems like he's been drinking quite heavily or something

touch - 
Spunkchops -
touch -

Agreed but he still had that pretty boy looks just recently but here it seems like he's been drinking quite heavily or something

Perhaps getting sent to the Phantom Zone twice in the past two years has some ill effects?

2 Likes
AnthonyWeiner -
touch - 
Spunkchops -
touch -

Perhaps getting sent to the Phantom Zone twice in the past two years has some ill effects?

Doris Day ~~~ Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps - YouTube

1 Like
AnthonyWeiner -
touch - 
Spunkchops -
touch -

Repeatedly getting your brain scrambled will age you. 

Did he just throw all the other lightweights at AKA under the bus? He toys with them all like they're children apparently.

1 Like
PelosiesPanties -
RenatoCocopreta - Did he just throw all the other lightweights at AKA under the bus? He toys with them all like they're children apparently.

Technically he should toy with them, he's not exactly small now is he. 

it's the technical areas where they might be well matched, I'd suggest it's the power department where he enjoys a decent advantage 

PelosiesPanties -
RenatoCocopreta - Did he just throw all the other lightweights at AKA under the bus? He toys with them all like they're children apparently.

Yes he should. Growing up wrestling I've seen state champs, future d1 well known names in the practice room getting shut down by decent guys 30-40 lbs heavier than them. Weight classes exist for a reason. 

touch - 
Spunkchops -
touch -

jaw was wired shut

Well he is a few weight classes above lw. Technically speaking, he should be having his way with them.

2 Likes
Vikingknee -
PelosiesPanties -

Yes he should. Growing up wrestling I've seen state champs, future d1 well known names in the practice room getting shut down by decent guys 30-40 lbs heavier than them. Weight classes exist for a reason. 

Weight matters much more in the grappling (and in clinch). As for this thread, Rockhold is an amazing grappler, so its not just because of his size. Rockhold was toying with Chiesa based purely on technique. He was hardly using his size there. They were just flowing for technique and Rockhold was still getting the better of it. Rockhold is probably 1 of the greatest grapplers active in MMA. He certainly has the greatest top game/top control in MMA.

A smaller grappler with much less weight, where weight matters much more in the grappling, stands zero chance against Rockhold. Even if they were the same size, there are very few grapplers out there who are as pound for pound skilled in grappling as Rockhold is. Rockhold is a very skilled grappler, regardless of size, while having the size.

Also, it's obvious Rockhold is just being nice and one-upping his teammate. Sparring videos of Rockhold and Khabib have already been posted numerous times, and in every one Rockhold is manhandling Khabib like Khabib is a child. This is just more "Joe Rogan level Khabib hype" non sense..."but Khabib wrestlers bears and gives DC and Rockhold trouble in sparring" is the new "but Ronda KOs elite level boxers in sparring. She's a once in human history." same old shit for a different time. Khabib is the Male Ronda Rousey. I fully expect Rogan to start crying after a Khabib win like he did after a Ronda win. 

https://youtu.be/KVsHIvxQmR4

Vikingknee - 
PelosiesPanties -

Same here as far as growing up wrestling. My son also grew up wrestling so I have stayed involved.

I have seen the complete opposite of what you are saying many times.

Equal or close in skill…bigger guy wins.

Disparity in skill…The most skilled guy always wins.

My son, while at 152-160 lbs depending on the competition, moved up and beat 195ers in smaller tournaments more than once.

They were obviously NOT top of the pack 195ers but still.

Size obviously matters but i remember a video of mello garcia tapping frank mur multiple times in practice. It was amazing. I also remember mur saying while grappling with demian maia that if maia wanted to rape him there was no way he could stop him. Thats from a very big guy with terrific grappling. That said i think Kabib takes Porier but wouldn't be shocked if he loses. Both guys are at or nearing their peak and in great shape. Kabib seems unbeatable but lots of guys have given him problems. 

jpm995 -

Size obviously matters but i remember a video of mello garcia tapping frank mur multiple times in practice. It was amazing. I also remember mur saying while grappling with demian maia that if maia wanted to rape him there was no way he could stop him. Thats from a very big guy with terrific grappling. That said i think Kabib takes Porier but wouldn't be shocked if he loses. Both guys are at or nearing their peak and in great shape. Kabib seems unbeatable but lots of guys have given him problems. 

marshmellow garcia, basically impossible to submit

Dryfly -
Vikingknee - 
PelosiesPanties -

Same here as far as growing up wrestling. My son also grew up wrestling so I have stayed involved.

I have seen the complete opposite of what you are saying many times.

Equal or close in skill…bigger guy wins.

Disparity in skill…The most skilled guy always wins.

My son, while at 152-160 lbs depending on the competition, moved up and beat 195ers in smaller tournaments more than once.

They were obviously NOT top of the pack 195ers but still.

I wrestled in one of the better areas in the country. Maybe our .500 record varsity starter guys had a much less skill gap than yours to the top guys. When I wrestled 189-215 my good friend was nationally ranked at 152 and he could not take me down. Could not turn me. I wasn’t half as good as him. He went on to start all 4 years at a big10 program