Coker: Fedor negotiations 'closer than ever'

He will say the same thing in 6 months..

does anyone even care anymore?

i love fedor but his career has been turned into a joke by his mgmt.

With our stable of fighters such as Josh Barnett, Fedor, and Alistair Overeem, we should have another Strikeforce title fight sometime in 2013

-Scott Coker

Fedor negotiations are closer than ever<br /><br />
I give less of a fuck about this than ever<br /><br />

Strikeforce WANTED to enter into negotiations again this time around, because Fedor is now on the final fight of his current contract, and Strikeforce wanted to negotiate an extension before giving him that final fight. This is not like the re-negotiations after the Rogers fight, which M-1 entirely initiated. They are not re-negotiating his existing contract, but rather negotiating for a NEW contract beyond his current one - which is very standard practice before allowing the last remaining fight on a contract.

This time, Strikeforce felt it was in their own interest to try and lock Fedor up beyond his next fight, before giving him that next fight, and having him potentially win it - and then having him potentially leave right afterwards. (And apparently they still do feel this way, according to Coker's own words in the article linked in the OP - "Coker said he does want to sign Fedor to additional fights -- as many as four to six" - which is what the negotiations were for in the first place.)

whistleblower - Strikeforce WANTED to enter into negotiations again this time around, because Fedor is now on the final fight of his current contract, and Strikeforce wanted to negotiate an extension before giving him that final fight. This is not like the re-negotiations after the Rogers fight, which M-1 entirely initiated. They are not re-negotiating his existing contract, but rather negotiating for a NEW contract beyond his current one - which is very standard practice before allowing the last remaining fight on a contract.

This time, Strikeforce felt it was in their own interest to try and lock Fedor up beyond his next fight, before giving him that next fight, and having him potentially win it - and then having him potentially leave right afterwards. (And apparently they still do feel this way, according to Coker's own words in the article linked in the OP - "Coker said he does want to sign Fedor to additional fights -- as many as four to six" - which is what the negotiations were for in the first place.)
-1 (M)

DamnSevern - 
whistleblower - Strikeforce WANTED to enter into negotiations again this time around, because Fedor is now on the final fight of his current contract, and Strikeforce wanted to negotiate an extension before giving him that final fight. This is not like the re-negotiations after the Rogers fight, which M-1 entirely initiated. They are not re-negotiating his existing contract, but rather negotiating for a NEW contract beyond his current one - which is very standard practice before allowing the last remaining fight on a contract.

FRAT

which says it all

WTF....that's the least verbose wb has ever been and you give him a FRAT?

Fedor Emelianenko is the greatest fighter walking the planet. I will enjoy seeing the GOAT fight again after this deserved renegotiation, and may he get the money he rightfully deserves

I'm so sick of Fedor and M1 with their contractual bullshit. He's becoming very irrelevant in MMA due to this shit.

You're right Zed, I overreacted in frustration

epwar - No one has ever answered this - how is it that Fedor and his team can re-negotiate an already signed contract after every fight? Seriously, how is that?

I imagine there is a Cancellation, Renegotiation or Adaptation Clause in his contract written either on a time or fight basis (most probably after initial fight).  I wouldn't put anything past these "Crazy Russians"...  They are Money Hungry and play to WIN...  It actually upsets me that Fedor allows his name/person to be involved in MESS like this.  With his "honor" display, one would think he would split ties with M1...  

dabigchet -
whistleblower - This time, Strikeforce felt it was in their own interest to try and lock Fedor up beyond his next fight, before giving him that next fight, and having him potentially win it - and then having him potentially leave right afterwards.

except for the fight they offered and m-1 turned down in december

http://mmajunkie.com/news/20367/fedor-emelianenko-and-camp-consider-dec-4-fight-with-antonio-silva.mma

Uh, why did you quote my post without actually disputing what it specifically said? And why did you cut off the very next sentence of my post where I cited a direct quote from Coker himself saying just YESTERDAY that he WANTED to negotiate to re-sign Fedor to an extension, and that he would rather have Fedor for up to 4 to 6 more fights, instead of just one? (And that Coker felt that, in his own words, "if we have an opportunity to have that conversation [for more fights], why not have that conversation?")

Btw, here is what your own link actually said:
the source said a contest with Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (14-2 MMA, 1-1 SF) on Dec. 4 is currently on the table for the Russian's final fight on his current Strikeforce contract.
Coker also told Sherdog.com that Silva was among three fighters (along with recent signee Sergei Kharitonov and Overeem) under consideration to meet Emelianenko.

Except that whole time - according to Coker himself - Strikeforce was STILL trying to negotiate, voluntarily, with Fedor on an extension. And Strikeforce offering Fedor a fight with Big Foot (or anyone else) does NOT change the bottom-line fact that Strikeforce themselves still WANTED to negotiate again with Fedor, and PREFERRED to extend his contract instead of just giving him one last fight. (A fact which Coker himself has specifically admitted to, repeatedly - and re-affirmed yet again just yesterday.)

Or are you actually disputing this fact?

Zedlepln -
DamnSevern - FRAT

which says it all

WTF....that's the least verbose wb has ever been and you give him a FRAT?

LOL. Truth.
DamnSevern - You're right Zed, I overreacted in frustration

At least it was a comical overreaction. Seriously, if the length of my post drove you so mad that you "overreacted in frustration" (LOL), then what are you even doing on this thread, when my two paragraphs were about as long as the OP, and even briefer than the actual article it refers to? Why are you even bothering to post on a thread which was apparently already too FRAT for you to inform yourself with in the first place?

adds to frustration (LOL)

un3rgr0und - Fedor = most over hyped, overrated fighter EVER

Biggest piece of shit '10er EVER!

It seems ironic when UGers take time to post in a thread about Fedor that they 'don't care about Fedor anymore.'

[img]www.youmad.com[\img]

I love it soo much whining and crying and complaining...

All youwhiners will tune in just like you did in the good ole days of affliction in hopes of watching fedor lose

Fedor has you wrapped around his little finger, his threads about the same thing over and over still generate threads 10 pages long.

you whiners are pathetic , you love to hate and the schills cry see, see, see Dana good, dana oh so good, squack, 10 cents please, 10 cents please

un3rgr0und - Fedor = most over hyped, overrated fighter EVER

Faggot?, check.

last card was great without him. They simply don't need him like M-1 think they do.

Let's say Strikeforce doesn't re-sign him.  Where would M-1 go that would meet there crazy demands?  If Fedor returns to Japan/Dream/FEG, would Strikeforce lend ANY of their talent so he could have any kind of opponent?