Coker : On Anderson VS. Fedor

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/bellator/scott-coker-reveals-he-tried-to-make-anderson-silva-vs-fedor-emelianenko-hopes-to-re-open-the-dialogue-and-make-it-happen-in-japan/

1 Like

Scott Coker is hoping to make Anderson Silva vs. Fedor Emelianenko in Bellator.

After Silva fought out his UFC contract and became a free agent, Coker says he tried to sign the Brazilian. He wanted to do a one-off fight against Emelianenko but Silva made it known he wanted to pursue boxing.
Recently, Silva has said he wants to fight his final fight to be in Japan and Coker believes that would be a perfect send-off fight for both Silva and Emelianenko.
“We did offer him an MMA fight against Fedor. We didn’t even get serious or talk numbers or anything like that, but there was definitely an outreach on our part to see if there’s any interest. At that time, he really wanted to focus on his boxing and see how far he could take it. And you know what? To me, I would say, look we can do it in Japan or we could do it in New York City, in Madison Square Garden. Let’s do it big, let’s make it huge,” Coker said on the Ringer MMA show about Silva vs. Emelianenko. “This is the fight that everybody would love to see. And you’re right. GOAT number one versus GOAT number two. Negotiating a weight class might be a little challenging, to be honest. But I was like, hey, let’s start the dialogue, let’s have a conversation. It was a very quick conversation and quick response back, so I just kind of dropped it. But, maybe we should revisit it as you said.”

As Scott Coker says, the weight class would be a big talking point as Silva was a middleweight while Emelianenko is a heavyweight. However, the Brazilian has fought at 205lbs before. As for Emelianenko, in his last fight, he weighed in at 233lbs, but the weight could be the reason it doesn’t happen.

Anderson Silva is set to headline a Showtime boxing pay-per-view against Jake Paul on October 29. It’s his first fight since he knocked out Tito Ortiz last September. Fedor Emelianenko, meanwhile, hasn’t fought since last October when he knocked out Tim Johnson.

1 Like
1 Like

Don’t wanna see it.
Both are way, way past their primes.
One guy will win, his fans will claim that makes him the definitive GOAT, the other guy’s fans will say it means nothing.

10 Likes

If only this fight had happened when they were at the peak of their careers…

5 Likes

thats the jist

Everything aside. Id still like to see this. Yeah. Both well passed their prime but both still tough as nails.

2 Likes

il watch it

1 Like

mma bear GIF by DAZN USA

1 Like

Anderson finds that chin with his foot

4 Likes

He’s too old to kick that high

1 Like

Lol…probably

1 Like

Anderson vs Fedor in 2022 has a a little bit more appeal than Bellator created with Gracie vs Shamrock 3 and Kimbo vs Shamrock but not by all that much.

Timing is way off for that one.

It also has next to no chance of happening.

Fedor vs Werdum II and Fedor vs Barnett were way more interesting retirement fights for Fedor IMO.

I’d even be more interested in Fedor vs Romero.

1 Like

I’m pretty undecided on this one, huge fans of both, seen both compete in person 3 times each, but obviously bigger Fedor fan, and for anyone who wasn’t a Hardcore Fan 20 years ago when Fedor had his Rise and Reign… here is a reminder of the MMA Standings at the time…

PRIDE FC Shockwave 2004

Fedor - Main Event
- against Anderson’s Master in Antonio Nogueira
- Wins the PRIDE HW GP
- AND Defends the PRIDE HW Championship and #1 MMA Fighter in the World Ranking

Anderson - Prelim
- Got Highlight Reeled Finished with a Flying Scissor Heel Hook against Ryo Chonnan on Fedor’s Undercard

Of course Anderson went from this to become a Legend himself but don’t let Revisionist Historians get this twisted. Fedor was on top and Anderson was losing on his undercard. Now they are both damn near 50 and all bets are off.

3 Likes

10 years ago this fight would have been a dream match up

1 Like

Not even in the same weight division.

sao paulo ufc GIF

4 Likes

Dan’s an anomaly.

1 Like

So is Anderson tho