Colby blasts Conor: "He's a joke!"

“I haven’t seen it, but I’ve heard about it and that’s obviously just Conor trying to get some hype, get some headlines. Come on, dude, the guy just got knocked out by ‘Dustin Sorry-ier.’ Come on, are you serious? You want a title shot at 170? You’re getting beat up by gatekeeper lightweights and now you want to come to the top of the 170 welterweight division? Everybody knows what Conor’s doing. He’s not really gonna do that. He’s not gonna come up and fight welterweight,” Covington said.

“He’s just doing that to grab attention, to grab headlines, make people think he’s being taken seriously because honestly, he’s a joke. He’s the laughingstock in the MMA community and even to casual fans because they’re just like, ‘Conor’s washed up. He’s done.’ He made all that money with his whiskey, he made all that money for the Mayweather fight, he has no motivation. Nothing gets him up early in the morning to go fight. He tries to say it’s for his kids but man, the guy’s done. He has nothing left in the tank.”

People paid to see Conor.

1 Like

Hype makes money and both these guys understand that, but Colby should be trying to “put Connor over” by building his hype instead of trying to deflate it. Everyone wants to fight Connor ($$$), but it’s harder to sell a mega-fight when you call the star of the show a joke.

I hate to say it because I’m a Conor fan, but it’s true. I don’t necessarily expect him to come into the Dustin fight in fight-shape or win. He should probably retire from fighting. Hope I’m wrong & hope he looks rejuvenated but I think he’s going down the BJ Penn path fight wise.

1 Like

This is some dumb shit.

Why on earth does Colby need to stroke Conor’s ego? That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard today.

5 Likes

I’m saying, what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Colby would jump at the chance to fight him and get paid. But why should fans buy the ppv if one guy in the match up is telling us the fight sucks?

RIP Conor

What? Even if they did fight (they won’t), wouldn’t trash talk help promote the matchup?

He’s saying Conor sucks. Do you believe him?

1 Like

Colby, the King of “doing things for attention” criticizes another fighter for doing “anything for attention”

1 Like

Explain to me how someone that’s not already a champion “gets paid” for fighting Conor.

Does Scrooge McDana turn all nice suddenly and offer all opponents brand new contracts with more money and PPV points because they are fighting Conor?

How does anyone but Conor and someone with already contracted PPV points get rich from fighting Conor in your mind?

1 Like

It’s hard to say where his head is at. He looked great against Cowboy, in a minute he looked the best he ever has. Then he goes into the Dustin fight, loses, and says he’s not active enough (he gave Dustin his props too). The problem with that assessment is that he took almost 3 years off before the Cowboy fight and he looked great. I think there were a few issues with the 2nd Dustin fight. First and foremost: Dustin has ALWAYS been better than he’s been given credit for. He’s always sort of had this reputation for being a durable guy who hits hard, but he’s actually an elite, top of the food chain guy. Secondly, I think Conor went in overconfident and unmotivated. He didn’t see Dustin as a real threat, he thought the fight would go the same way it did several years ago. He was more motivated to fight Pacquiao, that was obvious when he said he trained mostly boxing for that camp. Now the trilogy fight is about revenge, which is something he has always responded well to.

1 Like

Yeah he looked brilliant in the Cowboy fight. I’ll definitely be watching the fight & hope he looks more true to form.

Two division champion V guy who got his jaw shattered when he got his chance.

The jealousy is real here

Can’t argue with the facts

Honestly Conor should have never fought mma after the Floyd boxing match. He was absolutely huge at the time and had nothing more to gain really. Instead he comes back and beats an aging Cerrone then gets crushed by Khabib and Poirier. Now he’s more than likely going to lose again to Poirier and he has nowhere to go from there

Looking back, Conor messed up by not jumping up to welterweight when he had the chance to fight Woodley for the belt. That was his only legitimate chance of holding the welterweight title. Now, he probably gets stopped inside two against Usman.

inside first minute of 1st round

Colby is a damn good fighter but he may be the biggest clown the sport has ever seen.
Colbys whole schtick comes off as a wannabe Conor. The difference is Connor has fought far better comp and has accomplished more than Colby ever will.
I think Covington needs to do something in MMA before shitting on anyone else because up to this point his biggest accomplishment is giving Usman his toughest fight. Dude shut up, go win some belts then talk all the trash you want.